Sammon is awfully good

Leicester Ram

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too much to dream for three more goals in the rest of the season? 3 goals in 10 games. Surely he could do that.

I realise I'm trying to get excited about our "star striker" scoring 10 goals in a season but hey you have to try and cheer something. Like it or not he's going to be playing in every one of those games bar injury.

He's 26, how much longer you giving him?

Grant Holt wasn't considered up to much before he was about 27/28... Steve Howard didn't come into his own until he was about the same age (if not a little older?)... On the flip side Michael Owen was pretty much a spent force by 28... Different players peak at different times... Who's to say Sammon won't hit his stride in the next year or so?

Grant Holt wasn't considered up to much before he was about 27/28... Steve Howard didn't come into his own until he was about the same age (if not a little older?)... On the flip side Michael Owen was pretty much a spent force by 28... Different players peak at different times... Who's to say Sammon won't hit his stride in the next year or so?

At the age of 20, I've still got hope of getting a professional contract then. I reckon my stride will be hit in the next couple of years.

Difference is, Howard and Holt have far better ball control and ability to hold the ball up. Not something you suddenly discover after years of professional football.

At the age of 20, I've still got hope of getting a professional contract then. I reckon my stride will be hit in the next couple of years.

Difference is, Howard and Holt have far better ball control and ability to hold the ball up. Not something you suddenly discover after years of professional football.

Dunno... I seem to remember those were the criticisms laid on him by Red Dog fans at the time?

And Steve Stone didn't sign professional contract til he was 21 I think so don't give up the dream dude... After watching a starting line up t'other week where our oldest player was the school year below me I HAVE given up...

He's 26, how much longer you giving him?

I don't give him time, he's got time. He makes use of his own time, he doesn't need my time. Besides, my time's running out faster every year so I'd like to keep hold onto my time. All the time Sammon has, it's time used effectively, I'm sure.

I laughed

Jade Goody could have been used also, would have been equally funny.

Why?

So you're saying if someone loses their hair through chemo and then used for a cheap laugh it's funny?

I laughed

Jade Goody could have been used also, would have been equally funny. 

Would you have thought it equally funny if it was your parent or brother or sister who had lost their hair through cancer treatment, and someone was poking fun at it? Astoundingly crass behaviour young man.

If someone made a clever w

I don't give him time, he's got time. He makes use of his own time, he doesn't need my time. Besides, my time's running out faster every year so I'd like to keep hold onto my time. All the time Sammon has, it's time used effectively, I'm sure.

You predicted he'll improve at some point in the future. Although I enjoyed repetitive time comments, i was looking for when you believe this improvement will occur. 

Unless that was some quote from a film, then well played, reminds me of some speech I read about time, based around warriors or something. Cant find it, was good though

Archived