The least inspiring loan signings in history?

Rich3478

Norwich reserve striker who scored one in twelve at Swindon, and Watford reserve who couldn't get in the Bradford team on loan this season!

They might turn out to be ok, thought Martin looked reasonable on Friday night. And I'll obviously give this Forsyth a fair go. But are they really signings to improve us?

We try and continue to improve at this rate, we'll be midtable for the next ten years!

Seems to me like the owners want promotion but are not prepared to fund a promotion push. Almost hoping to fluke it almost, going up in sixth place through the play offs and selling the club immediately to recoup their money.

Clough just seems content having a job in the championship, keep midtable ish and the fans (or at least some of them) happy.

Sign average players, how can you honestly expect Hughes, Brayford, Hendrick and the next batch of youngsters to want to stay and play for Derby County? Our transfer dealings mid season are on a par with a league two club.

They might do ok, personally I think this is the summer it all starts to unravel for Clough. Doesn't look like we'll improve on last seasons league position. Players will be targeted in the summer, what do we replace them with? And when is this long awaited promotion push going to materialise?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me the only bright side is that we've only signed 2 loanees so far. Nothing worse than wasting money on a plethora of loanees who do nothing for you. 

So far the risk is wasting money on only 2 loanees who may not do anything for us, or, they might. 

Peter Whittingham, Danny Graham proper ***** players terrible when on loan with us 

Just because they haven't worked out at one club doesn't mean they won't with us give them a chance ffs 

We rarely get decent loans under Clough. He's probably requested hundreds but could only get these two because no manager in their right mind, would loan to him. Especially not a young star in the making. He'd break their spirit and drop them for doing a back heel. 

That said, Martin is better than Sammon so I already think he's an improvement. Albeit a minor one. 

Forsyth will bring a bit of experience for our upcoming flirt with relegation. :-) 

I was excited about Bailey. And I still am. Although I doubt we'll get him back. 

I was excited about all those players ONCE I'D SEEN THEM PLAY... however before that I'd pretty much never heard of them...

Ward being the exception there...

Norwich reserve striker who scored one in twelve at Swindon, and Watford reserve who couldn't get in the Bradford team on loan this season!

They might turn out to be ok, thought Martin looked reasonable on Friday night. And I'll obviously give this Forsyth a fair go. But are they really signings to improve us?

We try and continue to improve at this rate, we'll be midtable for the next ten years!

Seems to me like the owners want promotion but are not prepared to fund a promotion push. Almost hoping to fluke it almost, going up in sixth place through the play offs and selling the club immediately to recoup their money.

Clough just seems content having a job in the championship, keep midtable ish and the fans (or at least some of them) happy.

Sign average players, how can you honestly expect Hughes, Brayford, Hendrick and the next batch of youngsters to want to stay and play for Derby County? Our transfer dealings mid season are on a par with a league two club.

They might do ok, personally I think this is the summer it all starts to unravel for Clough. Doesn't look like we'll improve on last seasons league position. Players will be targeted in the summer, what do we replace them with? And when is this long awaited promotion push going to materialise?

The transfer window is closed.

Well noticed! Hull sign George Boyd, we get an unknown from Watford?

The same George Boyd that Forest didn't want?

Whereas the loan signing doesn't inspire me, I am not going to start slating him and saying that we have a lack of ambition until I have seen him play.

Do you remember the reaction to the signings of Kuqi and Dickov...

The same George Boyd that Forest didn't want?

Whereas the loan signing doesn't inspire me, I am not going to start slating him and saying that we have a lack of ambition until I have seen him play.

Do you remember the reaction to the signings of Kuqi and Dickov...

I think we should slate him [and Martin] as quickly as possible so they get used to it PDQ. It's no use them coming here thinking that they start with a fair chance. A number of people who won't have any idea about their abilities have already written them off just because Clough has made the move to bring them here. Let's build up those boooooooos and get ready to unleash them as soon as they start shooting during the kick in before the game. As soon as one of them misses the goal, let's let them have it!

As an aside, I hoped Bailey would improve but he didn't seem to fancy it when I saw him on the last three occasions, Big disappointment for me as I thought he was going on to great things at first.

We rarely get decent loans under Clough. He's probably requested hundreds but could only get these two because no manager in their right mind, would loan to him. Especially not a young star in the making. He'd break their spirit and drop them for doing a back heel. 

That said, Martin is better than Sammon so I already think he's an improvement. Albeit a minor one. 

Forsyth will bring a bit of experience for our upcoming flirt with relegation. :-) 

He's got no record of throwing in young talented stars in the making at all, has he... :ph34r:

Archived