The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

I think Vaz Te is an incredibly talented player - and I think he'd become an integral part of our team AND I don't think he cost as much as most people are thinking.

Barnsley signed him on a low cost gamble deal (supposedly on 1000 pound a week) - which backfired when he signed for West Ham, now... I don't see why West Ham would just drop a massive wage on him when they didn't need to at all! Even with a promotion increase, I doubt he'd be on anything near 5 figures a week. 

Just like Baptiste though, if he is available and we can afford him - then, there will be other teams in for him. He has done well this season for West Ham (a top half(?) premier league club) last season, he scored 20 goals at championship level and he is relatively cheap. 

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we have enquired, but I doubt we'll sign him - largely doubt we'll sign him!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul McShane has been released, could be decent cover for right back and centre half. Step up from O'Connor if we could get rid of him.

I read that initially as the actor Paul Shane from Hi de Hi, who died yesterday. Then I remembered he was a left winger

I think Vaz Te is an incredibly talented player - and I think he'd become an integral part of our team AND I don't think he cost as much as most people are thinking.

Barnsley signed him on a low cost gamble deal (supposedly on 1000 pound a week) - which backfired when he signed for West Ham, now... I don't see why West Ham would just drop a massive wage on him when they didn't need to at all! Even with a promotion increase, I doubt he'd be on anything near 5 figures a week. 

Just like Baptiste though, if he is available and we can afford him - then, there will be other teams in for him. He has done well this season for West Ham (a top half(?) premier league club) last season, he scored 20 goals at championship level and he is relatively cheap. 

I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we have enquired, but I doubt we'll sign him - largely doubt we'll sign him!

I think you can afford to pay high wages if you feel there's a good chance you will win promotion to the Prem that year, so a player on £12kpw only costs about £600,000 in the first year, just like a signing. If you are still in the Championship after 12 months, it seems a costly mistake. I would say Vaz Te would strengthen us though he does have a lot of quiet games. We seem to favour forwards who work hard which helps away from home.

DERBY County chief executive Sam Rush is confident Craig Bryson and John Brayford will extend their time at the club.

Both players have a year to run on their contracts and Derby are keen to negotiate new deals.

The Rams have said they will look to sell players rather than allow them to leave on a free transfer when there contract expires.

The Rams have said they will look to sell players rather than allow them to leave on a free transfer when their contracts expire.

Brayford, who has spent three seasons with the Rams, has been linked with Cardiff City, West Ham United and Stoke City in recent months.

But Rush says the club have received no offers for the

25-year-old defender.

Contract talks are ongoing with Bryson and Brayford.

“They are both players we want to retain,” said Rush.

“Nigel Clough has spoken publicly on both of those and it is up to me to conclude those discussions.

“With Craig, we are looking forward to that being imminent.

“John, I would suspect, will take slightly longer.

“They are both desired players.

“One of the things Derby County have – and it is something we should be pleased about – is a lot of desired players.

“So there is a challenge to keep them on the right terms – and I am very confident we can do that.”

Bryson and Brayford have established themselves as key players and they helped Derby to 10th this season, the club’s highest finish in six years.

Speculation continues to surround Brayford but Rush said: “First of all, I have not had a single call on John Brayford.

“It is all well and good saying we are going to sell him or we are not going to sell him, the fact is if there is no-one interested in him, there is no selling going to be done.

“If either player says ‘I don’t want to stay’ and ‘I don’t want to be at this club’, then that is something I have to deal with.

“Equally, if clubs are interested in them, that is something else I have to deal with.

“At the moment, I have not had any interest at all.”

13 K a week apparently at West ham.

13 K a week apparently at West ham.

Wow, surprising.

I still don't think given the current change in demands by the board - a player that has scored 20 goals, and continued to impress in the premier league is something we should be pushing for. I mean we offered Commons 15k - so IF we make a big signing, I wouldn't be that surprised.

but, meh, who knows... in relative terms, we could splash out to our relative standards - but we'll still be behind 10 to 16 other clubs in the division

Ebanks-blake, Berra and Hunt been released from wolves

Id love ebanks blake when his back from injury.

The Ebanks-Blake from their promotion season, yeah, but I get the possibly unjustified feeling that he's a big time charlie and therefore not a Clough type signing.

The Ebanks-Blake from their promotion season, yeah, but I get the possibly unjustified feeling that he's a big time charlie and therefore not a Clough type signing.

Free transfer

yes his wages might be slightly high, but if we get rid of dead wood like Tyson who is apparently on 9k, I think ebanks blake would be worth the risk. I go to uni in Birmingham and got a lot of wolves fans in my class who always bang on about how his never given a fair chance. They rate him highly.

Think he would be a great signing

He hasnt he has been offered a new deal.

From BBC

Hull City have released 12 players after their promotion to the Premier League, but defender Abdoulaye Faye has been given a new one-year contract.

Faye, 35, played 33 games this season.

Liam Rosenior, Paul McShane and Mark Oxley have also been offered new deals.

But Sonny Bradley, Lewis Clarkson, Mark Cullen, Andy Dawson, Jamie Devitt, Kealan Dillon, Daniel East, Daniel Emerton, Francis McCaffrey, Paul McKenna, Seyi Olofinjana and Jay Simpson have all been let go.

Bradley and East have already agreed two-year deals with League Two side Portsmouth.

Is that the same Kealan Dillon that was once on our books?

According to SSN every man and his dog are in for Matt Green on a freebie. 26 yrs old, 6ft and 42 goals in 60 games for Mansfield. I know this has been mentioned before and was in the rumours section at one time but worth a punt anyone???

According to SSN every man and his dog are in for Matt Green on a freebie. 26 yrs old, 6ft and 42 goals in 60 games for Mansfield. I know this has been mentioned before and was in the rumours section at one time but worth a punt anyone???

I asked my neighbour's dog what he was like.

He said 'rough'.

http://www.herald.ie/sport/soccer/mccann-wants-move-from-clarets-29269938.html

DUBLINER Chris McCann is ready to end his nine-year spell with Burnley as the former Home Farm player's contract with the Championship side runs out next month.

McCann, 26, has made more than 260 appearances for the Clarets having come through their youth academy after his time with Home Farm, but with Celtic and Norwich City reportedly interested it seems the player is ready to move on.

"Chris McCann's situation is that he actually didn't really want to engage in a contract situation with us, so that was clear on that one – not because he dislikes us or the club but because he feels that it might be time for him to move on," said Burnley boss Sean Dyche.

"That situation might change but that's how he's felt about it so that's a natural situation and progression of contract situations, but that can change rapidly.

"He hasn't said that he definitely doesn't want to be here, but he didn't want to enter into contract negotiations, basically to see what's out there.

"That shouldn't be held against him by the way, that's just the reality of modern players, of modern contract situations, agents and all the rest of it. It's just the business side of football."

McCann made his debut for Burnley in 2005 and helped the side win promotion to the Premier League for the 2009/10 season but he managed just seven Premier League appearances before a knee injury ended his season.

I think he would be a reasonable target - if we wanted someone to shore up the central midfield late on in games!

Archived