The Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

sage

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More news about Vaughan coming out tomorrow in the DET, probably what we already know. + Burnley journalist said that he's expecting news on Grant tomorrow. 

Which journalist mate? Got a link?

And knowing us it'll probably be that Hudds have agreed a fee... Ha

Only if we all of a sudden became a positive team.

But Mostyn, we scored more goals this season than we did under BD's steer to promotion and not far short of the Burley campaign.

But Mostyn, we scored more goals this season than we did under BD's steer to promotion.

Probably spread out over fewer games. Under Billy we tried to WIN more games. Under Nigel we (I get the perception, based on arm-waving and screaming from the bench) try to NOT LOSE. That's a massive difference. We never tried for 0-0 under Billy. We got a lead before going defensive, even away from home.

If we got Kevin Doyle on a season long loan from Wolves, (which would ease their wage burden), would fans be happy?

I think doyle is out of contract.......

Probably spread out over fewer games. Under Billy we tried to WIN more games. Under Nigel we (I get the perception, based on arm-waving and screaming from the bench) try to NOT LOSE. That's a massive difference. We never tried for 0-0 under Billy. We got a lead before going defensive, even away from home.

We failed to score in 9 under Billy.

We failed to score in 10 this season, so pretty much the same.

The key under Billy though was that we didn't concede many. It's all well and good talking about away records when a side has a solid defence, we did not have a solid defence this season. Under Billy that season we had what, 15 clean sheets, and only 8 this season.

But Mostyn, we scored more goals this season than we did under BD's steer to promotion and not far short of the Burley campaign.

So in 4 years Clough hasnt been able to sort out a decent defence even though thats the part he has actualy spent a bit

Archived