W. Brett WIlson ''we've spent a TON on players, wish the story was more evident''

Ambitious

They've layed a bit of dosh on forus.

I've never once pretended otherwise,indeed on the old DET forum I was the one who first showed the 08/09 investment.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my only concern with these foreign investors is what their intentions are for the club.

If its to make a profit on the sale then they are doing a bad job of making it profitable

If its to get the club to the premier league and use it for advertising they are doing a bad job of accomplishing this.

Money isnt enough to get you out of this league (although it does help)

What i really want to know is how a club that has cut the wages down and is running on barebones can still be losing 8 million a year. If we sold another 10,000 season tickets at £400 this would only make £4 million so they can't blame attendances for the loss.

i cant understand why anybody that has no ties to the club would use it to brag that they own a football club in the UK so i have no idea why they are here.

This is my main problem with the guys.

An Canadian investor in the club.

[url=http://www.wbrettwilson.ca/]http://www.wbrettwilson.ca/

Well thank you for that.What a crap website,i got bored after 5 mins and learnt nothing.Apart from being

an absolute tit i dont know anything about him than i did before.Please tell me he has no part in running

this club if he does we are in bigger **** than i thought.

What i really want to know is how a club that has cut the wages down and is running on barebones can still be losing 8 million a year. .

The underlying cash loss was nearer to £3m in 11/12,though you have to add on interest payments and capital expenditure.McClaren and Metgod can translate that for gritstone.

Nothing was invested into the club in 07/08,£7.74m was put in during 08/09 and £6.624m in 09/10.I'm sure gritstone's got a word for it.

i did say at the end of the first championship season which was 08/09 Appleby said they had invested £21m which is pretty close to aquisition cost plus the investment you highlight for 08/09

To be fair to Brett Wilson,I've worked out the cash actually paid out and received for players from 08/09 to 11/12 (coinciding with periods of ownership investment).The figures include amounts owing and due at the end of 11/12 :-

Payments £20.5m Receipts £8.014m .In 12/13 £3.6m was committed on payments and the gross receipts figure is not yet known.

The constipated detective.

The underlying cash loss was nearer to £3m in 11/12,though you have to add on interest payments and capital expenditure.McClaren and Metgod can translate that for gritstone.

Come on then Ramblur give me an answer in english please.

What about the sale of players in 11/12 did we get any money from that?

i did say at the end of the first championship season which was 08/09 Appleby said they had invested £21m which is pretty close to aquisition cost plus the investment you highlight for 08/09

Acquisition is hardly inward investment into the club-it doesn't add anything that wasn't already there.If you added the 2 together you'd get £22.5m.I've never known Appleby understate something favourable.

Will you lot give up.

All this information can be found on the "where's all the money gone?" Or " let's all talk numberwang" ******.

I ain't modding another tiresome epic about the same ******, especially if it ends in libel or slander.

So there you go.

Come on then Ramblur give me an answer in english please.

What about the sale of players in 11/12 did we get any money from that?

£921k received in cash. Also,£519k was owing to us at the start of the year and £823k at the end.If you assume that the £519k was part of the £921k actually received,then £402k was received in respect of players sold that year,and £823k was still o/s,giving a total of £1.225m for player sales relating to that year only.

I love potatoes.

£921k received in cash. Also,£519k was owing to us at the start of the year and £823k at the end.If you assume that the £519k was part of the £921k actually received,then £402k was received in respect of players sold that year,and £823k was still o/s,giving a total of £1.225m for player sales relating to that year only.

I love potatoes.

So assuming capital expenditure is buying players. Is this taken off the capital expenditure?

What has potatoes got to do with owt?

Archived