IOC cuts Wrestling from 2020 Olympics

RamOfKansas

As a former wrestler, I'm outraged. It's the oldest sport besides running, it featured participants from 71 different countries in London(modern pentathlon only represented 26 countries). Not even to mention all the bull crap little sports like Table Tennis or Ryhtmic Gymnastics are still around. This is making a mockery of the Olympics right now. Eliminating a sport in which you can find participation across the entire world. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Oh and here's the link to the story I found this on.

[url=http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/ioc-cuts-wrestling-2020-olympics-125709336--oly.html]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympics-fourth-place-medal/ioc-cuts-wrestling-2020-olympics-125709336--oly.html

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im absolutely f*cking disgusted.

I've never been this angry in my entire life.

The IOC can expect a very p*ssed off letter from a loyal wrestling enthusiastic in the next few days, and if that doesnt work, i will petition, march and do everything in my power to get this decision over turned.

Pitiful, utterly pitiful

Apparently it's not the actual end of the process, as the vote for the one empty spot to be put back is still there. In that Wrestling has to beat some sports that have no chance, Karate(a dark horse?), and....baseball/softball. I want to be of the opinion that the IOC is going to backtrack fast, but that may just be hopeful thinking as wrestling shouldn't have been cut in the first place unless the fix was in.

well i like wrestling as well i like some of the movies they can pull off, to like wwe to tna i know a lot of people say it is fake but a lot of it is really as well, but to be fair the wrestleing was not featured much in 2012 games. even through i looked for it every day on the televsion.

well i like wrestling as well i like some of the movies they can pull off, to like wwe to tna i know a lot of people say it is fake but a lot of it is really as well, but to be fair the wrestleing was not featured much in 2012 games. even through i looked for it every day on the televsion.

It's not that kind of wrestling.

Wrestling geek alert: I was looking forward to Kurt Angle making his comeback to Olympic wrestling in 2012. But he picked up an injury and couldn't. I don't know what injury could have kept him out though. In 96 he won 2 gold medals with a broken neck! He's 44 now, so he'd be going some to get into Rio, and that'll be the end of real wrestling / fake wrestling cross overs.

If you think WWE and TNA are fake, check out Kurt Angle, he's a f*****g machine.

Archived