season ticket prices

Geriatram

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They have also acted on the issue and changed the category of the disabled corner. i guess good news isn't as worthy of comment as bad news

And this affects OAPs in what way?

I was unaware of the change to the disabled area, which is good, but it is not the full picture.

Ok, I'll debate it with you. I believe that senior and disabled prices have been too cheap in the past. Maybe the increases have been disproportionate but if it brings prices into line with our competitors, as DCFC state, I don't think there is much room for complaint. Discuss.

No more disabled fans.

Job done.

They have also acted on the issue and changed the category of the disabled corner. i guess good news isn't as worthy of comment as bad news

In my sister's case, that counts for nothing at the moment. She is not situated in that area.

Also, if able-bodied fans have a Category E, why can't disabled fans with mobility problems also have a Category E?

If you think that the club grudgingly giving an inch after taking a mile is 'good news', I'm darned sure I don't. I think it's a sop to deflect the issue, hurriedly cobbled together in the face of almost universal criticism. You cannot get away from the conclusion that it looks like the disabled and elderly fans are subsidising the new South Stand area.

So you didn't want to debate it after all.

There is no debate at the moment, until I have seen a representative at the club. I certainly have nothing to gain by attempting to draw consensus from an internet warrior who seems to have no intention of doing anything except gainsaying.

There is no debate at the moment, until I have seen a representative at the club. I certainly have nothing to gain by attempting to draw consensus from an internet warrior who seems to have no intention of doing anything except gainsaying.

So because my opinion is different to yours I am 'a keyboard warrior'? Interesting. I notice you refer to the 60-65 bracket 'the elderly' I wonder what most of them think to that? I also notice that you think that 'the elderly' and disabled are subsidising others tickets...hasn't it been the other way round for the past 15 or so years?

I say the disabled fans in work should pay the same as everyone else.

Why should there be concessions for the disabled?

We live in a modern world of equal opportunity (most developed countries that is) and there are jobs a plenty for all irrespective of many disabilities.

I would have concessions merely for those that are unable to work (i.e. children and the retired). Aside from that, we're all equal.

MCsilks - Are you saying that individuals who require carers to go about a normality of life shouldn't be entitled to a discount? If so, are you also saying you would have no issue in being disabled yourself as it wouldn't mean any less or mroe than being a normal abled body?

I for one am extremely lucky and fortunate I can go about my normal life and wouldn't want a disability to occur in any individual.

I woudl still let them in for free (or a small fee to cover the costs of managing them from a DCFC perspective).

MCsilks - Are you saying that individuals who require carers to go about a normality of life shouldn't be entitled to a discount? If so, are you also saying you would have no issue in being disabled yourself as it wouldn't mean any less or mroe than being a normal abled body?

I for one am extremely lucky and fortunate I can go about my normal life and wouldn't want a disability to occur in any individual.

I woudl still let them in for free (or a small fee to cover the costs of managing them from a DCFC perspective).

That's quite clearly not what he said!

He said if people are fit to work then they should not receive concessions.

Hogwash.

I earn a salary. I pay my way.

The disabled earn a salary. They pay their way.

Have I put it succinctly enough for you?

Archived