Spending will Hughes transfer fee before we sell him?

Rich3478

Happy Birthday!

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Thanks.

20 years ago I started contributing to an investment fund which I felt sure would see me able to retire at 60. Fat chance - I reckon I won't ever be in a position to retire. Serves me right for choosing 'Prince Ndonga Nigerian Investments'

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll still go regardless of the division we're in, have done all my life. Personally I want derby to compete at the highest level possible, being a sustainable club would be nice as well. Losing money each season cannot be seen as a feasible future surely?

Personally I want pride park full every week as well, people have reasons for going/not going. I don't regard people who come occasionally as fair weather. Don't see how people have a right to claim to be bigger fans than others. More to life than football.

Guessing we'll have to agree to disagree on this, thanks for your opinions though. We all have derby at heart, and ultimately just want success for them. Only joined recently and good to speak with people so passionate about the rams.

I'm talking about the extra 5000-7000 we suddenly found overnight when BD got us promoted.

Our team would be top 8 with Billy Sharp and a left back. I seriously think that is the difference as an honest opinion! but will we have the funds to accomodate 2 top earners and the transfer fees associated, well we definitely have the funds but they probably will not be available.

I don't think that Roberts is anywhere near the liability people suggest. The person in my mind we have missed more than anyone over the last couple of months (leaving Barker out of the equation) is Jake Buxton.

The same ones who make forest each year? I know what you mean, guess that's the way of the world. Imagine how many "fans" Bradford have gained recently!

Ultimately though, sport is an entertainment provided to people at a cost. Blind faith and loyalty to a team are not enough to fill a stadium, if they were no owners would ever invest a bean.

I don't think that Roberts is anywhere near the liability people suggest. The person in my mind we have missed more than anyone over the last couple of months (leaving Barker out of the equation) is Jake Buxton.

that free header O'Brien put over the bar against the gumps - you just know Sir Jake would have buried that.

that free header O'Brien put over the bar against the gumps - you just know Sir Jake would have buried that.

No denying we have missed Jake and results have dropped. However I stand by that a new left back would improve the team significantly through more balance, better attacking options and defensive cohesion.

However I stand by that a new left back would improve the team significantly through more balance, better attacking options and defensive cohesion.

I agree we need one in the summer. This is Roberts last sesson at this level for me. He's been great thouh.

I also don't mind Roberts, do think it's time to start looking at a replacement though.

As for Buxton, for me he is a league two defender at best. Love his work ethic and commitment to the cause but he is seriously limited as a footballer. Slow, technically poor and positionally poor also. He puts it all on the line for derby and does his best. I've nothing but respect for that. But if we are looking to progress then he really isn't the answer. Even as a squad player.

Being honest I'm not a fan of o'brien either, looks like a young jake Buxton to me. However I will give him the benefit of youth, happy to have players of this ability as long as they are the right age and can potentially improve.

O'connor is worse than both of them as well, dreadful left back, poor right back and poor centre back. I'd get rid ASAP personally

I also don't mind Roberts, do think it's time to start looking at a replacement though.

As for Buxton, for me he is a league two defender at best. Love his work ethic and commitment to the cause but he is seriously limited as a footballer. Slow, technically poor and positionally poor also. He puts it all on the line for derby and does his best. I've nothing but respect for that. But if we are looking to progress then he really isn't the answer. Even as a squad player.

Being honest I'm not a fan of o'brien either, looks like a young jake Buxton to me. However I will give him the benefit of youth, happy to have players of this ability as long as they are the right age and can potentially improve.

O'connor is worse than both of them as well, dreadful left back, poor right back and poor centre back. I'd get rid ASAP personally

By criticising Sir Jake your opinions are invalid. Forever. Everything you say and every time you post, people will point and mutter to each other "take no notice, its that chap who criticised Jake".

You'll be like a chav with a staffie.....people will cross the road when they see you walking towards them and look at you with contempt.

You have chosen a lonely path to walk......

By criticising Sir Jake your opinions are invalid. Forever. Everything you say and every time you post, people will point and mutter to each other "take no notice, its that chap who criticised Jake".

You'll be like a chav with a staffie.....people will cross the road when they see you walking towards them and look at you with contempt.

He scored a winner against forest, and he puts everything into each game as a derby county player. I respect that, if more talented players had his attitude, work ethic they'd go a long way. But seriously are you happy to have him as a first choice defender for derby county?

What is he good at exactly?

He scored a winner against forest, and he puts everything into each game as a derby county player. I respect that, if more talented players had his attitude, work ethic they'd go a long way. But seriously are you happy to have him as a first choice defender for derby county?

What is he good at exactly?

Not first choice no, ONLY choice.

What Utch said.

'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' /> Thanks.

20 years ago I started contributing to an investment fund which I felt sure would see me able to retire at 60. Fat chance - I reckon I won't ever be in a position to retire. Serves me right for choosing 'Prince Ndonga Nigerian Investments'

Someone here at work says he invested in that one and he's expecting a reply soon.

Someone here at work says he invested in that one and he's expecting a reply soon.

Tell him to send me his bank details and I'll chase it while I'm sorting mine.

Archived