Premier Rams ?

mozza

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it really only £4m? Well that's nice to know. Suppose I should pay more attention to your financial threads, ha.

Thinking about it, with the tv screens and pride plaza, we'll actually be making money in a couple of years...nice.

Would have been less than that without (mostly) a reduction over the year in operational creditors.On the other hand net interest paid(£400k+ purely from memory) has to be added.

Premier Rams?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahai'm asausagehahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Made me chuckle that.

and me, bit childish though 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/cool' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='B)' />

Premier Rams?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahai'm asausagehahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Made me chuckle that.

Yeah, I agree, it'll always be the premiersheep

Clough is proving to be a more than capable Championship manager.

If we somehow got promoted, would he have the technical nous to survive in the Prem ?

He has the technical nous to get his teams to dominate most games that they play in this season with a very young and fairly inexperienced team. Our failures away from home are largely down to individual mistakes.

Nigel is relatively a novice in management terms, would he be out of his comfort zone ?

He has been managing for fourteen years, how much experience do you want?

Could he/we attract the players needed to survive in the Prem ?

If we can pay competitive wages of course he can - why not?

Would the owners back him with 'hard cash' ?

How do we know but I would hope so.

Would he know which players to buy with mega cash ?

Why would he not? I would think that he would only buy if they represented good value for money.

Would it be a good idea to say ''thanks Nige, you've done your bit,

we need to move on with a more experienced Premier Manager'' ?

I do not believe that that thought would even come into the boards head after getting that far together. Why would it?

Would/could Nige work with an experienced manager as assistant ?

He has his coaching staff with him already.

Is CLOUGH ready ?

If Clough got us promoted on our budget we'd struggle to keep him.

The point of the thread is somewhat compromised therefore.

I think you're right. It's strange what we take for granted. I was sat with the remnants [literally] of our aging 5 a side squad last Tuesday in a pub a few miles north of Newcastle [we regard this as "compulsory training" after the game]. Most [at least 5] are NUFC fans, with an occasional Sunderland, Watford and Huddersfield follower thrown in.

It was surprising to hear that most of them thought fairly highly of our Nigel and felt it wouldn't be too long before he got a stab at the top flight. Of course, I said they were right and that he wouldn't have to move Clubs! Very few of them agreed with that!

Those who could speak sensibly pointed to the fact that he had little money to throw around. All were sure that Hughes would be away shortly [ they don't know that, they just said we wouldn't be able to keep him]. Their loss of Mr Ba may have put them in a low mood. Anyway, overall, he was regarded as a good bloke. I suggested they look into this Forum if they wanted an alternative view 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I think you're right. It's strange what we take for granted. I was sat with the remnants [literally] of our aging 5 a side squad last Tuesday in a pub a few miles north of Newcastle [we regard this as "compulsory training" after the game]. Most [at least 5] are NUFC fans, with an occasional Sunderland, Watford and Huddersfield follower thrown in.

It was surprising to hear that most of them thought fairly highly of our Nigel and felt it wouldn't be too long before he got a stab at the top flight. Of course, I said they were right and that he wouldn't have to move Clubs! Very few of them agreed with that!

Those who could speak sensibly pointed to the fact that he had little money to throw around. All were sure that Hughes would be away shortly [ they don't know that, they just said we wouldn't be able to keep him]. Their loss of Mr Ba may have put them in a low mood. Anyway, overall, he was regarded as a good bloke. I suggested they look into this Forum if they wanted an alternative view 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

I've yet to find any (none- Derby,though you could include all of those) football fans in and around the Irish villlage I inhabit that don't think Clough is doing a great job.

So, the general consensus is , not so much is Clough good enough for Derby,

But is Derby good enough for Clough ?

I think it's getting that way. I do understand that people become frustrated when he still makes a few odd decisions. That said, who doesn't!

I hope he stays and sees the job through. I just wonder whether he'll get sufficient backing to complete what he's started. It would be great if he took us up. It would be even greater if he kept us up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> .I've pencilled in 2014/15 for the "charge",,,,

I think it's getting that way. I do understand that people become frustrated when he still makes a few odd decisions. That said, who doesn't!

I hope he stays and sees the job through. I just wonder whether he'll get sufficient backing to complete what he's started. It would be great if he took us up. It would be even greater if he kept us up 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' /> .I've pencilled in 2014/15 for the "charge",,,,

Every club in the country has fans who pull apart and criticise their managers decisions. The internet has taken the pub or workplace moan about tactics, substitutions and team selection to a whole new level.

Having said that there are a few Derby fans who seem to genuinely dislike Clough. Don't know if its the forest thing or because he is not particularly media friendly. He speaks his mind and sees talking to the press as a necessary evil.

Personally I think that's a plus to his character.

If we got promoted it would be grossly unfair to replace him in my opinion.

I doubt we'd survive the first season but that would be more down to the players available than the manager (in this mental hypothetical world where we're in the Prem).

I'd be happy if we made a decent fist of it with a good young team (probably keep Legzdins, Brayford, Coutts, Sammon, Keogh, Bryson, Ward along with O'Brien, Hughes, Hendrick, Bennett, Morch), plus maybe £8-10m of investment on experienced players at that level to try and keep us up. Possibly get relegated, get the money, make another promotion tilt and go again.

If that happened Clough would have a years experience of the Premiership and I think we could be in there for the long haul second time round. So many ifs and buts but bottom line, I think he'll do ok in the Premiership at some point.

So, all agreed then, another 6 years of building will see us in the play-offs, a couple of years maybe to win at the new new Wembley, then yo-yo a couple of times before we establish ourselves in the Prem in 2025.

Better start saving my money up now for the gold gold platinum silver gold rated seats in the velodrome end upper upper tier.

So, all agreed then, another 6 years of building will see us in the play-offs, a couple of years maybe to win at the new new Wembley, then yo-yo a couple of times before we establish ourselves in the Prem in 2025.

Better start saving my money up now for the gold gold platinum silver gold rated seats in the velodrome end upper upper tier.

You'll come back then when we're in the prem?

Imagine being in the Premiership with a Nigel Clough/Peter Taylortype management team.

Brian functioned as a complete entity when Peter taylor complemented him and acted as rhe perfect foil to curb his excesses in ways that no chairman or board could do.

I suspect that the apple has not fallen too far from the tree.

Nigel was a great player like his dad. He has the potential to reach his dad's managerial heights with the right joint/assistant manager.

We could then thrive as Premier Rams.

Archived