Premier Rams ?

mozza

Clough is proving to be a more than capable Championship manager.

If we somehow got promoted, would he have the technical nous to survive in the Prem ?

Nigel is relatively a novice in management terms, would he be out of his comfort zone ?

Could he/we attract the players needed to survive in the Prem ?

Would the owners back him with 'hard cash' ?

Would he know which players to buy with mega cash ?

Would it be a good idea to say ''thanks Nige, you've done your bit,

we need to move on with a more experienced Premier Manager'' ?

Would/could Nige work with an experienced manager as assistant ?

Is CLOUGH ready ?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest if we got in the prmeiership our survival would be down to the players not any manager!!!

To answer one of to our questions in the process I believe clough would use the money wisely. I don't think he would splash the cash so to speak.

The idea of Nigel as an assistant doesn't go down with me. other fans may comment after this to say it is a good idea but the new manager would have no freedom as to how he wants the team to play and usually managers bring staff with them.

Is clough ready ? NO !!! he will never be ready. He acts as if we have lost away games before they have begun in the championship, he will act as if we have lost home games aswell if we go up. Also wouldnt suprise me if he still signed non league players for the prem.

i'm inclined to reluctantly agree..so how hard would you push, if you knew

you would most likely be 'blown out' if you got promotion ?

I dont think he wants to get promoted to be honest or do the board. Going up means player wages and transfer fees and also higher agent fees. We know that the board do not like to spend money on players if possible and Clough would rather look for bargins. His done well at bringing in bargins for the championship, but he has just as much premier league managerial experience as us. None.

Crikey, we win one game and people think we'll be in the Prem next year .......

....... what do you mean we lost yesterday?

Madness I tell you!

Although IF/when Nige gets us there, of course he'd be the man to keep us there, and I'm certain the board would give him scope to buy a 3/4 key players.

If we somehow got promoted, would he have the technical nous to survive in the Prem ? no

Nigel is relatively a novice in management terms, would he be out of his comfort zone ? no

Could he/we attract the players needed to survive in the Prem ? yes

Would the owners back him with 'hard cash' ? yes

Would he know which players to buy with mega cash ? yes

Would it be a good idea to say ''thanks Nige, you've done your bit,

we need to move on with a more experienced Premier Manager'' ? no

Would/could Nige work with an experienced manager as assistant ? what? no thanks

I dont think he wants to get promoted to be honest or do the board. Going up means player wages and transfer fees and also higher agent fees. We know that the board do not like to spend money on players if possible and Clough would rather look for bargins. His done well at bringing in bargins for the championship, but he has just as much premier league managerial experience as us. None.

wtf are you on about. we're losing £7m a season, where is the goddam logic in staying in the championship? oh ffs.

If we went up I believe money would be made available, not mega amounts its not their style and certainly not as much as the fans would like.

Experienced Premiership players would be out of reach so we would look to sign experienced Championship players, players that could take us back up the next season as relegation would be nailed on.

I have no issues with this as such, as long as we are competitive I'm happy, no amount of bashing my keyboard on the Internet would release more funds so I'll get another poo calendar to entertain you with instead.

Would he be able to attract the players? Money talks.

Nigel does worry me I won't lie, not in terms of signings but tactics. I fear every game we would go looking to win 1-0, you would expect that against the top teams don't get me wrong but the teams in the bottom half you want to see us a little more adventurous, does he have the balls?

I wouldn't sack him if we went up, he will have deserved the chance and as long as we don't look like beating our own record stick with him unless Mourinho shows an interest.

Archived