Clough interview

Igorwasking

Interesting to hear clough talking about perhaps bringing in a couple of loans with a view to a perm move in the summer, and perhaps letting players that are due to enter the last year of their contract move on - brayford, fielding? Says sam rush will be looking to extend contracts this month too. Perhaps not such a quiet transfer window after all?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the contract thread on this board is up to date Doyle, Davies and Theo are up in the summer but we have a extra year option on. Wouldn't surprise me if Davies and Theo went this month.

Brayford and Fielding have another season, expect those two to be extended.

Can't be Bailey - his deal is already sorted with Coventry. Looks like it will be Davies, Tyson, Fielding or Brayford. Bryson is in the same bracket - but can't see that personally? And if it is true that we are looking at this young aussie keeper - then my money is on at least Fielding.

I dont get all this striker business, scoring is not the problem, its defending or the lack of it that is the problem. Invest in a strong defence. what if Barker comes back and is no where near the standard that he has set, which is a possiblilty due to the seriousness of the injury. Get a good CB to partner Keogh and a good LB, keep Brayford and then talk about signing a striker.

Can't be Bailey - his deal is already sorted with Coventry. Looks like it will be Davies, Tyson, Fielding or Brayford. Bryson is in the same bracket - but can't see that personally? And if it is true that we are looking at this young aussie keeper - then my money is on at least Fielding.

Uh... since when was Bailey's deal "sorted"?

He's gone to Coventry fir the rest of the season- so they won't be selling him in this window. Think they are going to try and make it perm in the summer too.

Is he, when did they extend his loan? He was only there until today last I heard.

I think we don't need a Charlie Austin or Jordan Rhodes cause we seem to be scoring collectively as a team as much others ie burnley and Blackburn. Also ward will come back, I think obrien may keep his place til the end of the season he was class up against jutsckevic today.

Wouldn't be too bothered if Frankie left providing we got back at least what we paid for him (?). He's a steady keeper but probably not come on as much as I thought he would, replaceable IMO. I'd be very disappointed in seeing Brayford go as he is one of a few players I thought we were building a team around. Don't see how we're in a position to turn down a "good" fee though.

Archived