Bloomfield leaving Radio Derby

-JW-

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good, should have left ages ago.

He blabbles on about absolute *****; Comments about what He had at Little Chef ever other game? WTF man, it's a sports show, not breakfast with Barney and friends.

Graham Richards had more passion in his left testicle than these buffoons on lately.

Whilst he's no worldie in the commentary box, you have to bare in mind it's local radio and it's very rare that someone with the perfect balance of character, passion, knowledge and descriptive skills will end up at Radio Derby - and even if he (or indeed she) is doing our games, they probably won't be for long.

He was a good journalist, to be fair, and when things were announced his twitter is was as good as an official announcement, something I have great respect for. He also never took a players' or managers' words out of context in his time here, something the BBC Sport website does virtually every day these days. He also did a very good job in some games despite being accomponied by a pretty poor pundit.

My main criticism of him would be he alwas shied away from the challenging questions we were all burning for him to ask. After we lose away and put in a poor performance, I would have loved Bloomers to have asked Clough in a polite way the reasons behind his selection and tactics.

That said, I can understand why he was so keen to keep a good relationship with players and management.

Good luck to the bloke, I'm sure he'll have a good career.

Whilst he's no worldie in the commentary box, you have to bare in mind it's local radio and it's very rare that someone with the perfect balance of character, passion, knowledge and descriptive skills will end up at Radio Derby - and even if he (or indeed she) is doing our games, they probably won't be for long.

He was a good journalist, to be fair, and when things were announced his twitter is was as good as an official announcement, something I have great respect for. He also never took a players' or managers' words out of context in his time here, something the BBC Sport website does virtually every day these days. He also did a very good job in some games despite being accomponied by a pretty poor pundit.

My main criticism of him would be he alwas shied away from the challenging questions we were all burning for him to ask. After we lose away and put in a poor performance, I would have loved Bloomers to have asked Clough in a polite way the reasons behind his selection and tactics.

That said, I can understand why he was so keen to keep a good relationship with players and management.

Good luck to the bloke, I'm sure he'll have a good career.

To find out how good he is, just try listening to other local radio presenters on Rams Player. Compared to them he's Brian Moore!

I've gave Bloomers a fair bit of stick for his commentary work in the past. I've always thought he'd be the perfect replacement for Gibbo because that's what Bloomers is very good at, being a journalist. Doing his homework before games, having a good relationship with the club in regards to interviews etc. I do respect that because it shows he has a great passion for his job, hence why he's been called up to work in London.

Fair play to the guy and good luck to you 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/smile' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />

Ed Dawes is Derby through and through.......that's all I like about him, compared with Bloomers, he's poo!

Archived