Play offs a possibility.

davenportram

6th place Yes. I wanted us to aim for 35 points for the first 23 matches and we are still on our way to that. Just look at the matches we have in April and the final match in May and you can see that if the players have the will it is possible.

If the squad still has THE Will.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The play-offs are definitely a possibility. We are always going to be in with a chance with the league as tight as it is and teams always taking points off each other.

There's a long way to go. It is far too soon to condemn ourselves to midtable. We have shown that we can compete with anyone in this division so why not?

At this stage last season, three of the teams who finished in the top six were in a similar position to ourselves needing to improve and make up ground. Reading, the eventual champions, had 30 points after 21 games and were 13 points behind the league leaders Southampton and look what happened there. Blackpool and Birmingham were four and six points adrift respectively and finished 4th and 5th.

We definitely have to improve, no question about that. But sure it's possible, there's still 25 games to play after all.

He played in a couple of preseason games before another injury setback. He's since been coming off the bench as he comes back to full fitness, as Buxton did last year. Patience is needed sometimes, you don't want to rush him and see him out again. Either that, or we don't want to rush him back in for us only to turn on him in a game or two like we've done with Buxton and O'Connor.

Ah, I wasn't aware he had another injury setback. My mistake.

The play-offs are definitely a possibility. We are always going to be in with a chance with the league as tight as it is and teams always taking points off each other.

There's a long way to go. It is far too soon to condemn ourselves to midtable. We have shown that we can compete with anyone in this division so why not?

At this stage last season, three of the teams who finished in the top six were in a similar position to ourselves needing to improve and make up ground. Reading, the eventual champions, had 30 points after 21 games and were 13 points behind the league leaders Southampton and look what happened there. Blackpool and Birmingham were four and six points adrift respectively and finished 4th and 5th.

We definitely have to improve, no question about that. But sure it's possible, there's still 25 games to play after all.

Reading signed Jason Roberts at a crucial time. If we have a good Christmas, it'd be lovely if Rush came in and loosened the purse strings just slightly. I know, I'm dreaming again.

can't see Rush having any power to loosen the purse strings to be honest.

I agree, but GSE aren't mugs, and they know that the end game for their investment lies in the Prem. Maybe if Rush pitches to them that £2m extra now has a 50:50 chance of saving 2 more years of £3m a season they take the punt? I know. Dreaming.

Winning the league is still a possibility as is going down. March and we're in the top 10 and say 6pts from the play offs I may start to dream but not now, just can't see it.

January transfer window will be huge, Blackburn, Wolves and Bolton are not far behind us with Premiership money to burn, I expect they will be in the mix come the end of the season, add Leicester, Cardiff, Hull, Boro....In fact left testicle says no way Pedro.

Is that the left testicle you bet that tyson wouldnt sign for us 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

Archived