Old head needed in midfield

Derby born & bred

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRYSON???????????

Bryson indeed, he never backs out of a challenge always seems to be the ball winner. Has the control to go forward too. However i do agree someone with physical presence like a drinkwater or bridcutt of brighton would suit us.

But Will Hughes likes to play the sweeping midfield role so would he get pushed onwards. Finally that means that your gonna have to sacrifice bryson or a striker to play 5 in midfield and we know how that works. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mellow' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':mellow:' />

I don't think we really need an old head, crunching tackler as such. Bryson & Hughes/Hendrick, whilst not kicking seven shades out of opposition midfielders, do a decent enough job of breaking up play and put a foot in when required. I think what we're lacking most is someone who will pick everyone's heads up when things aren't going our way. Without Barker we don't seem to have anybody who's vocal and goes around gee-ing everyone up...

Besides, if we were to find a player of that type it would mean -

Putting Hughes out on the left. In which case you loose the rythem he gives the side.

Dropping Bryson. In which case we loose his energy & running.

Switching to three in the middle. We all know this never works for Nigel and it would mean isolating Sammon more than we already do when Theo has an off day.

None of those will happen at the moment

We wouldn't necessarily have to drop Bryson or Hughes. We could change formation/system.

Our problem, apart from taking chances, is often how powderpuff we can be. We sometimes fall into the trap of rushing things when things aren't going our way. We give the ball away in sloppy fashion, chase it without even getting a touch and then when a defender finally wins it back we rush it again like we need to score while we have it asap.

But tbf, with the impact of Hughes this season has seen us control possession much better. He's wonderfully natural and instinctive passer. He doesn't rush us. He doesn't panic. He's class. At 17 I find it great AND worrying that he is the calm head. He can take the sting out of a game.

A variation of 451 could see another calm head in there. Somebody who can add strength to a physical league. A bit of height too.

I know 451 makes people think "One striker!!! Nooo!" But it's not a defensive formation. Especially the 4231 variation. It's all about way you use it of course.

Away from home our formation isn't what makes us defensive. It's how fearful we play. We play in a shell. We are all to eager to go for a scrappy away point.

i think part of the probleam was that with clough adding more midfielders against lecester city in an attemped to help will huges and get players away from him, i think he should have put him in behinde the fron't two. so they got the sevice from him, but i think if derby could have had took chances when 2-1 down i think we might have won it. but in the end they just have had to much fire power to cope with but maybe i get carried away but i still think foundation for promation this season, but now 16th in the table, it is going to be tough.

I would not want Savage back even if he pays his own wages, never rated him in the first place.

I am talkin class and old pro like Sean Derry or as someone mentioned before Danny Murphy. We need someone who will get stuck in and not be scared to have a good old hard tackle...we need a leader and as someone said we are missing Sean barker and his leadership & shouting, well this is what i,m on about, a true leader and a old pro in the midfeild to keap all the youngs ones coming thru now and help them mature and gain experience.

I still want to see Hughes and Hendrick gain more games and experience and know we need Bryson so much, but just feel this is whats missing at the moment to move us on and upwards.

p.s. by the way who is coming in as DOF in January

I would not want Savage back even if he pays his own wages, never rated him in the first place.

I am talkin class and old pro like Sean Derry or as someone mentioned before Danny Murphy. We need someone who will get stuck in and not be scared to have a good old hard tackle...we need a leader and as someone said we are missing Sean barker and his leadership & shouting, well this is what i,m on about, a true leader and a old pro in the midfeild to keap all the youngs ones coming thru now and help them mature and gain experience.

I still want to see Hughes and Hendrick gain more games and experience and know we need Bryson so much, but just feel this is whats missing at the moment to move us on and upwards.

p.s. by the way who is coming in as DOF in January

No DOF, we have a new CEO - Sam Rush

Archived