A genuine question from a non ram

Burdeceb

When I was a boy Derby were a club with money and as I remember you spent quite a bit on a number of the better players in what was division two in the mid 90's.

Anyho, my question is... Would you mind an ambitious foreign owner if it gave the hope of immediate success or would you rather wait for a domestic Pickering type with a link to the club if it meant waiting a little longer?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're currently under foreign ownership, with a lot of money - but as for waiting 'a little longer' these guys seem to have a big fooking calender! they're waiting until Mason Bennett is 21 and can score us into the premier league, only 5 more years to go 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

We've had Gadsby (local business man and Derby fan)

We've got mega rich owners now.

I'm not bothered about spunking money out left, right and centre. I'd just rather see us pay wages that reflect our goals rather than a wage bill that indicates settling to tier 2 football for years to come.

I think organic growth is much more satisfying as you get to watch players develop and a team knit together. However in a day where fans are so fickle managers are very rarely given time to build a team or the inevitable happens and the best players are stolen from you. If you could guarantee me a team full of foreign stars who actually cared about the club (like we had under Jim Smith) I may be tempted. If the money was going to be used to buy mercenaries here just for a big pay cheque I would rather not spend it.

When I was a boy Derby were a club with money and as I remember you spent quite a bit on a number of the better players in what was division two in the mid 90's.

Anyho, my question is... Would you mind an ambitious foreign owner if it gave the hope of immediate success or would you rather wait for a domestic Pickering type with a link to the club if it meant waiting a little longer?

Mr Moneybags would do me if he invested in the infrastucture, had reasonable ticket pricing and didn't sack the manager every season like that russian fella in West London.

FKTS

Archived