Leicester City v Derby County

CumbrianRam

Only signed up to this Rams forum (I post elsewhere 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' /> ) to view the match day chat but this "my cocks bigger than your cock" bull needed amending...

I never knew 592 was 'nearly a thousand'. Additionally, those 'thousand' fans also received a free scarf, free pint and free pie for attending - swelled the numbers?

Half the Leicester fans I know (used to live there) actually, and this is true, support someone else as well despite being season-ticket holders at the KP. Normally Liverpool or Arsenal but they will buy the shirtof whoever is doing alright in the PL. This isn't meant to be a WUM post, but more to signify that Derby is a football town whereas Leicester isn't. That's the difference in my opinion.

I could add many more tales of the Leicester fans thinking everyone cares about Leicester but I won't for fear of inciting more poor 'wummery' from them. Just come back when you sell out the home end for ANY game (of football) and tell us our support is **** - the record attendance at your ground is for the egg chasers....

Anyway Leicester, youve given us our 5 minutes of entertainment and I'm sure you'll beat us tomorrow and get your own then. For the record, I'm not going. Circa £50 day out and having to take a day off work would leave me out of pocket significantly due to decreased wages etc. I'll watch it on the box thanks.

I agreed with you until I read that part about our fans being half Leicester half Prem side. Are you for real? That's literally total b*llocks and absolutely no more than 10% at the most. We're not Peterborough.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought he was like that in his first few games but recently he's been much better, I don't think he was that bad today either. But that's opinions.

Think he showed what he is today, a average championship striker. Taken into context though that we spent over a million on him, I don't think he has been value for money.

Not quite sure what you mean about Hendrick Alpha, I thought his passing was consistent though not excellent. He was a better partner to Hughes than Bryson was against Cardiff.

I think the key word that people will use to describe Hendrick today would be "quiet".

A CM should never be quiet. He was slow, he was crab walking, he was pedestrian. In a 2 man midfield!! The engine room!!

In comparison to Hughes, box to box, neat one-twos, lots of challengers (not that he won much).

It was as of Hendrick had heavy boots on. He wasn't protecting Keogh/Buxton and he barely set foot in Leicester's half. He actually played 'midfield' and never once made an impact. It was the sort of pedestrian performance that Savage hid with his dramatics.

His actual passing was ok but I just felt like if it wasnt with Hughes, Coutts, Jacobs then we'd just keep it dead. And when Leicester had the ball I thought they played around him.

I know he has a good pass on him. I know he can get forward on the edge of the area.

If he's being asked to sit and protect then he's really not putting the shift in.

imo like.

Sammon has got a great burst of pace on him.. He sprinted away from the center backs at ease in the first half and probably should have done better than just hit the ball straight at the GK..

But his first touch in general is poor and his movement isn't particularly better.. So many of our attacks break down when the ball is at his feet.. He just can't seem to get the ball out of his feet when it's there, or his first touch is so heavy his second touch is a late tackle on the defender..

The difference between him and Waghorn was massive.. Take out Waghorns goal (Sammon coukld have finished that) every time the ball went near him he managed to keep possession and feed the other players.. His dribbling was far better and he had vision.. He might not be an out and out goalscorer like Nugent but Waghorn showed qualities up top that we lack from any of our strikers..

We were on top for a good 30 minutes but we barely tested the GK.. Other than the goal, Sammons shot and a few pointless longrange shots from Coutts and Theo I don't remember their GK being worked..

Not quite sure what you mean about Hendrick Alpha, I thought his passing was consistent though not excellent. He was a better partner to Hughes than Bryson was against Cardiff.

Bryso was playin injured and is a hundred times a better player than Hendrick, just go and check the results when bryson isn't playing and get back to me,it doesnt make good reading trust me

He might not be an out and out goalscorer like Nugent but Waghorn showed qualities up top that we lack from any of our strikers..

We don't get what he's been smoking. No word of a lie, a month ago I thought he was an utter liability and I'm not the sort to slate our players that easily.

He's been absolute quality for the past month now but in that time he's actually hit the bar 5 times.

You raise some very valid points there, so I'll move to a far better example and say the 2.Bundesliga, same level as our league and the majority of games are sold out and have average atmosphere's that only the best in this league could compete with. Why can it not be like that in this country? Why can we not have the same mindset?

Anyway as for the game, obviously delighted (as I do have some good Derby mates and I love to wind her up). Thought whilst 4-1 was probably a bit flattering, you can't argue with the way we carved you open time and time again. Thought it was telling that you probably controlled the game from your goal to our 3rd and only managed the one in that time, whilst we managed four in not a much longer period. Your defence was laughable.

Your fans... surprisingly decent. Won't go into the numbers as that's been done to death. Thought vocally you weren't too shabby, you could often only hear your fans and I'll openly admit that, we were obviously louder when we got going but I thought for a 4-1 win over one of our rivals we were laughably quiet for large parts.

Like I say, not gonna go and wish you the best of luck for the season (although there's very little I hold against Derby in truth) but will say do us a favour and beat Forest, Cardiff &amp; Hull. Detest all 3 of them a silly amount.

You and Bris both raise good points and I suppose the ideal would be a sold out, atmospheric PPS, but neither of those things are consistently going to happen in the foreseeable future. Anyway did you mean why can't we sell games out in this country, or why can't we create an atmosphere when games aren't sold out? Probably me, but I couldn't quite follow your point.

On Tuesday night someone brought a drum along and a new chant was started, with the drum, that lifted the atmosphere really well. Heard it tonight as well.

As for the game, you've summed it up as well as anyone.

Bryso was playin injured and is a hundred times a better player than Hendrick, just go and check the results when bryson isn't playing and get back to me,it doesnt make good reading trust me

This post was about as inevitable as tonight's loss. You really do have Bryson on quite the pedestal. I have nothing against the player but let's be realistic even if Bryson had played tonight, he wouldn't have made the slightest difference. We have been outclassed and comfortably beaten with him in midfield before, only two weeks ago in fact!

The only reason Bryson is deemed such a big miss on nights like tonight is because Clough seems far too content with Bryson, Hendrick and more recently Hughes as his midfield options and has refused to invest in a quality central midfielder during his tenure and opted to spend the money elsewhere.

If we had some genuine quality and competition for places in central midfield and we were still having this problem, then your post might hold more weight. But it's been a problem area for years and as good as Will Hughes is, I don't think he alone is the solution.

Sammon has got a great burst of pace on him.. He sprinted away from the center backs at ease in the first half and probably should have done better than just hit the ball straight at the GK..

But his first touch in general is poor and his movement isn't particularly better.. So many of our attacks break down when the ball is at his feet.. He just can't seem to get the ball out of his feet when it's there, or his first touch is so heavy his second touch is a late tackle on the defender..

The difference between him and Waghorn was massive.. Take out Waghorns goal (Sammon coukld have finished that) every time the ball went near him he managed to keep possession and feed the other players.. His dribbling was far better and he had vision.. He might not be an out and out goalscorer like Nugent but Waghorn showed qualities up top that we lack from any of our strikers..

We were on top for a good 30 minutes but we barely tested the GK.. Other than the goal, Sammons shot and a few pointless longrange shots from Coutts and Theo I don't remember their GK being worked..

He did tonight, but most times I've seen him he's been no better than what we've got, and I never understood why Nigel chased him for so long. Until tonight.

Right, how to sum up the not a derby derby?

Well, if we had scored four after the first 30 minutes, it would've seemed justified. After the 90 minutes, the 4-1 scoreline seemed to flatter us a little.

If it makes you feel any better, I was more worried at times in that game than I was against Forest. But...from my seat the Derby fans only sounded loud for around 10 minutes at the end of the first half. Otherwise it was all Leicester.

Anyway, it's time to stop stalking you now...until March.

Auf Wiedersehen !!

We don't get what he's been smoking. No word of a lie, a month ago I thought he was an utter liability and I'm not the sort to slate our players that easily.

He's been absolute quality for the past month now but in that time he's actually hit the bar 5 times.

Never understood why some fans post on other teams forums. Jog on!

Well, if we had scored four after the first 30 minutes, it would've seemed justified. After the 90 minutes, the 4-1 scoreline seemed to flatter us a little.

If it makes you feel any better, I was more worried at times in that game than I was against Forest. But...from my seat the Derby fans only sounded loud for around 10 minutes at the end of the first half. Otherwise it was all Leicester.

Auf Wiedersehen !!

I can see why the 4-1 might flatter you. It doesn't show the 30-40 minutes we controlled the game.

But if it takes 25 mins to wake up against a team you know is going to be a big test then you deserve to get beat 4-1. The individual errors needed a good lesson.

Good luck to the decent ones among you. F*ck off to the scarf waving, car roof dancing, topless monkeys among you.

At least you know you'll get 6pts every year.

Never understood why some fans post on other teams forums. Jog on!

Get a grip. Sorry for offering a different perspective on things whilst actually managing the incredible feat of not being a tw*t.

You and Bris both raise good points and I suppose the ideal would be a sold out, atmospheric PPS, but neither of those things are consistently going to happen in the foreseeable future. Anyway did you mean why can't we sell games out in this country, or why can't we create an atmosphere when games aren't sold out? Probably me, but I couldn't quite follow your point.

On Tuesday night someone brought a drum along and a new chant was started, with the drum, that lifted the atmosphere really well. Heard it tonight as well.

As for the game, you've summed it up as well as anyone.

The lack of sell-outs is down to the business mentality in the game, Leicester will not sell out a game this season unless it's one where we can go up - that's a fact. 20k against Derby & 24k against Forest seen as the norm, it's actually depressing. Our owners have failed to stick to their word entirely. They claimed after the 2-2 draw with Man City (which did sell out at a reasonable price) they absolutely loved seeing the ground full and they'd be determined to get it like that on a regular basis, they couldn't have gone against their word any more. This is the best we've done in years and our average attendance has actually dropped, what a joke that is.

But the noise is another matter. Fans in this country accept mediocre atmospheres and love to shoot down the slight bit of alternative easily time and time again. I was livid earlier, cruising against one of your rivals, you'd expect the ground to be rocking - it wasn't, for parts of the first half we were outsung by a small away end, what a joke.

Auf Wiedersehen !!

Auf Wiedersehen !!

Can't see owt to disagree with here.

Time to move on!

Get a grip. Sorry for offering a different perspective on things whilst actually managing the incredible feat of not being a tw*t.

The lack of sell-outs is down to the business mentality in the game, Leicester will not sell out a game this season unless it's one where we can go up - that's a fact. 20k against Derby &amp; 24k against Forest seen as the norm, it's actually depressing. Our owners have failed to stick to their word entirely. They claimed after the 2-2 draw with Man City (which did sell out at a reasonable price) they absolutely loved seeing the ground full and they'd be determined to get it like that on a regular basis, they couldn't have gone against their word any more. This is the best we've done in years and our average attendance has actually dropped, what a joke that is.

But the noise is another matter. Fans in this country accept mediocre atmospheres and love to shoot down the slight bit of alternative easily time and time again. I was livid earlier, cruising against one of your rivals, you'd expect the ground to be rocking - it wasn't, for parts of the first half we were outsung by a small away end, what a joke.

It's no different over here, last season the club did some groupon deals to boost crowd numbers. it was, I think, £15 a ticket, and it had an effect. To my mind, and without knowing the break even profit/loss figures, a full ground at £15 a ticket is much better than selling at 25-35 but having 13,000 empty seats every week. There are people on here much better at the maths than me, but with the extra spend on food, merchandise etc, plus a full ground so better atmosphere (despite what Bris thinks) it would be viable. Though I presume not, seeing as they don't do it.

We are not alone, I was charged £22 to see notts county the other week. Ridiculous.

It's no different over here, last season the club did some groupon deals to boost crowd numbers. it was, I think, £15 a ticket, and it had an effect. To my mind, and without knowing the break even profit/loss figures, a full ground at £15 a ticket is much better than selling at 25-35 but having 13,000 empty seats every week. There are people on here much better at the maths than me, but with the extra spend on food, merchandise etc, plus a full ground so better atmosphere (despite what Bris thinks) it would be viable. Though I presume not, seeing as they don't do it.

We are not alone, I was charged £22 to see notts county the other week. Ridiculous.

But it clearly isn't. I fully see what you're saying but I don't think food would cover it, I mean I'm probably a poor example as I find it to be an utter rip-off but I generally never buy food/drink at grounds.

If they made more money by cutting the price and having more in - they'd do it. At the same time however, if they up the price and increase their revenue, even only marginally, they'll do it. The fans' interests are of no relevance to them, they can get away with whatever they like towards the fans because all the 'loyal supporters' will continue to pay it regardless. I genuinely am starting to get sick of Leicester's PR myself.

My point is football is a business and the fans have done very little collectively to stop it turning that way.

Can't be arsed to write my thoughts as most people have their own idea after watching it on Sky.

Unsure how anyone can defend Hendrick though. He's not appalling, he's nothing. He doesn't get in the game enough to warrant a centre midfield spot. He's half arsed, never busts a gut to get back. I just want him to do something. Might be alright when the camera pans on him everytime he gets the ball on Sky but inbetween that he swans about doing **** all.

I'm praying Bryson will be fit for next week, sick of this **** doing cock all.

Can't be arsed to write my thoughts as most people have their own idea after watching it on Sky.

Unsure how anyone can defend Hendrick though. He's not appalling, he's nothing. He doesn't get in the game enough to warrant a centre midfield spot. He's half arsed, never busts a gut to get back. I just want him to do something. Might be alright when the camera pans on him everytime he gets the ball on Sky but inbetween that he swans about doing **** all.

I'm praying Bryson will be fit for next week, sick of this **** doing cock all.

No no I can assure you mate he also looked **** on the T.V

Archived