DCFC Book in progress - Share your stories.

MuespachRam

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, here's mine - not Leeds unfortunately. If any of you have Kev Moore's album 'Fan Fayre for the Commons People', the story was the inspiration for one of the verses of 'Woolly Bully' - and I swear that it is absolutely true.

Picture the scene - September 1976, a balmy late summer evening, and Derby County had been drawn at home to Finn Harps in the UEFA Cup.

We kicked off, and after a fairly quiet opening, the goals simply never stopped going in during a quite frenetic last 30 minutes of the half. I'm pretty sure that the chap posting the goal times for the 'Golden Goal' tickets on his scoreboard between the 'A' Stand and the Kids corner at the old Baseball Ground was struggling to keep up - and probably running out of numbers too.

I was on the Popside that night with the missus, and just before half time an old guy resplendent in his brown flat 'at sidled up to me and in the broadest Derbyshire accent (Holbrook or Bargate If I'm not mistaken) said to me "Ayup, miduk. Can yer tellus t'score?"

"Aye," I replied in my highly cultured, almost posh Little Eaton twang. "It's nine nil to Derby".

"Bugger me!" flat 'at replied. "Ave bin fer a s*** an' missed five goals!"

Went for a *****? at the Baseball ground???? Jeez, that was one hell of a brave man 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

A beautiful image of glamourous European nights there for all the younger supporters....!

Right, todays request please, can you send me songs, as a private message, not on this thread please.

I am looking for songs we have sung in the past, the classics, i need the lyrics to make sure they are correct....classics like....

"When you're tired and weary...."

And "oh by the light, by the light, by the light,of the silvery moon"

Also if you have any idea of the origins of these or why we used to sing them that woyuld be perfect.

Thanks again EVERYONE.

Hello again....

Please, the same request... songs... classics...

i have had some brilliant ones, but anymore would be great, and especially if you know the origins...like Phil Gee being sung away at Ipswich in April (gran national day by the way) as the tannoy guy played let it be..

look forward to hearing more and more and more

Mike

Hello again, sorry to keep bothering you all, firstly thanks for the mails this week, please keep them coming, we need so many more.

Any stories you have, any memories, especially bad ones, lets be honest, supporting the rams is mainly full of tragedy, send them to me... Its our chance to tell the story of the Rams in our words and hopefully explain to others why we all follow this thing called Derby County....

Cheers

Mike

I will definitely put that in...i think it is a whole chapter all by itself....2007-2008....it was really bad...the end.

Sorry, I have started mine but have had a fair bit of family stuff to be getting through so it's gone to the back of my mind. I will however, definitely sort it out over the christmas period.

All mine is depressing, so no worries 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

You could just put the title. "That season". You don't need the dates everyone will know exactly what you are talking about.

Do it in a font that measures 0.15278 inches in height - that's the absolute giveaway.

Sorry, I have started mine but have had a fair bit of family stuff to be getting through so it's gone to the back of my mind. I will however, definitely sort it out over the christmas period.

All mine is depressing, so no worries 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />

Cheers man, thanks a lot, really looking forward to getting it...have a nice christmas and dont forget..! (Sort the family stuff out first though!)

As a ps...so far the depressing ones have been the best on the whole..!! :-)

We once called at McDonalds on the way home from Portsmouth, it has been Ted McMinn first game for us, and we lost 2-1 but you'll never guess what happened, I'll never forget it, I got 2 portions of chips in my bag, and guess what, I only asked for one!

Good times.

Archived