next couple of games

jagerbob

What would everyone think is a fair return from the next couple of games?

I for one, always read more into the form table than the league table.

And whilst we sit 4th in the form table and have only lost 1 in 8.

I see Millwall and Palace have gone at least 8 games undefeated!

Somethings gotta give.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 weeks ago I'd of wanted 4 pts. With the form and momentum though.

2 pts will be nice as we stay unbeaten

3 pts will be great but will have the taste of defeat.

4 or 6 will be a superb return.

It's not a great time to be playing them. Especially Palace.

What would everyone think is a fair return from the next couple of games?

I for one, always read more into the form table than the league table.

And whilst we sit 4th in the form table and have only lost 1 in 8.

I see Millwall and Palace have gone at least 8 games undefeated!

Somethings gotta give.

To remain unbeaten would be great.

Win your home games and don't lose your away games. That will get you somewhere close to the shake up.

Well we haven't won at Selhurst Park in our previous five visits and the Den in our previous three visits, so it's safe to say, a win in either game would be bucking the trend.

It will be tough. Both teams are enjoying a good run of form. But let's not forget so are we. There's no reason why we can't go and win both games. Is there a real gap in quality? I don't think so.

I certainly think we are capable of beating both sides, but having the belief, organisation and discipline to follow it through is something altogether different for us. Our away form under Clough has never been anything other than frustrating.

I'm hoping for 4-6 points, I'd take 2 or 3 but realistically I expect we'll be lucky to get one. That's how it is with us.

To remain unbeaten would be great.

Win your home games and don't lose your away games. That will get you somewhere close to the shake up.

Indeed, I think you could almost argue that 2 points is better than 3 for these 2 games. You would be more confident going into a game againt a teams that sometimes win, sometimes loses, than one that hardly ever loses.

4-6 points at home seems easier after 2 points on the road rather than 3.

I'd take a point from both games (but then, I'd be seen as 'lacking ambition', wouldn't I?). Both Millwall and Palace are in good form, and we do seem to lack goals away from home. At least one win would be great, but I'd say as long as we stay unbeaten, that'd be great for morale.

We know that Palace are currently storming it, but then a few weeks ago Leicester and Cardiff were, and they've both fallen back down the table. I'd say we have a chance based on the fact we have the ability to play well away from home, as the Wolves game showed us. Millwall would be a trickier one to predict, they're unbeaten in eight and have scored 11 in their last four, yet have only won three of those eight games. At least we're going into these games with a good record, the Peterborough game was a crap result and can be chalked off as a bad day at the office, but we've won five out the last ten and have only lost two in that time. I hope that both sides will be looking at us as a tough test for them, and if not then we could spring a surprise.

Anyway, I bloody hope we get something from the Palace game, I think I'm off work and going to that one.

Archived