Movember Games

Day

Liverpool got knocked out in the 2nd phase by Benfica 3-0.. They were allowed back in despite finishing 5th.. Similar to Chelsea this year

Liverpool had to enter at the first qualifying round in 2005 and had no "country protection" in the group stage, drawing Chelsea in their group. Everton finished 4th and got knocked out in the final qualifying round by Villarreal - we technically had 5 teams in it that year.

UEFA changed the rules after that to stop this happening, hence why Spurs missed out this year.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool had to enter at the first qualifying round in 2005 and had no "country protection" in the group stage, drawing Chelsea in their group. Everton finished 4th and got knocked out in the final qualifying round by Villarreal - we technically had 5 teams in it that year.

UEFA changed the rules after that to stop this happening, hence why Spurs missed out this year.

Everton were really unlucky that year.. Fancy drawing an awesome Villareal team that made the Semi-Finals and then Standard Liege in the Europa League first round..

All that hard work for finishing 4th over within 2 weeks of the new season..

They've got a chance this season though to make the top 4 again.. A chance ableit a small one.

I love the CL.. I love watching the big British sides lose and the media treat it as shock results.. I love how they think games against Porto, Shakhtar, Galatasary, Dortmund, Ajax etc. are walks in the park..

Just slighlty off topic.. Messi has a 1.26 goal average per game this season.. Frightening

I have to say I'm with Bris.

It's not even the clubs or the players I want to see lose. I don't hate United or Arsenal. I don't hate Bale or think he's poor. Just the media and pundits here, I love to see them shell shocked.

All a player has to do is play well in England "the best league in the world" and suddenly "oh he's a great player!"

I feel sorry for people like Bale and such in a way. They get slated by thousands of people like me when it's not them doing the hyping.

I just like seeing 'superstars' beaten by nobodies like Chielini. Makes me laugh that they dismiss so many quality teams and players and jump straight to comparisons with Messi and Co.

I just wish they'd enjoy the Premiership for what it is. Fast exciting matches with some good teams and players. Why does it have to be the best?

No doubt Vidal will be signing for Chelsea in The Sun tomorrow to prove himself. Or Mark Lawrenson will say Chelsea under performed.

Maybe Juventus are good and have players as good Bale and Rio and even Zaha?

Archived