Jake Bugg

Smyth_18

Wash yer mouth out - "This is England" was written and directed by a Uttoxeter lad......

Is that where he's from? Fair enough! He's done a film based in Sneinton called 'Small Time' which has characters like the video for 'Two Fingers'. I guess I figured he came from around there. Mind you, he's done short films based in Matlock, was that where 'Deadman's Shoes' was filmed?

Hopefully all this has distracted from how poor 'Two Fingers' is.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see why people like it, but it's not fresh enough for me. It's a cop out and unfortunately people like the OP get sucked into it as if it's a new thing when it's just a money making spin machine record company. There's plenty of songs to listen to from years ago that are by far superior to that effort.

The Buggs of this world should attempt something more original and stop screwing music up.

point invalid as I liked him before he had a record deal with mercury. Plus you referred to him as a 'poser'. He's probably the least poser like person in the music industry. He struggles with interviews and keeps his head down. Who's saying its 'new' anyway? Most new songs are *****.

Probably the best released single in the past 10 years in my opinion.

Corrected that for you.

I'm a big fan of old music, but even when that came out it wasn't 'new'.

The Beatles and the Rolling Stones started as cover bands.

All bands have their influences.

Still the same old; vocals, guitars, drums.

Doesn't make it rubbish just because similar songs have been made.

Corrected that for you.

I'm a big fan of old music, but even when that came out it wasn't 'new'.

The Beatles and the Rolling Stones started as cover bands.

All bands have their influences.

Still the same old; vocals, guitars, drums.

Doesn't make it rubbish just because similar songs have been made.

I just listened to the introduction and instantly turned it off. Sorry dude, terrible song, terrible lyrics.

I just listened to the introduction and instantly turned it off. Sorry dude, terrible song, terrible lyrics.

once again, in your opinion. If you don't like it so much why get so involved in the topic? Are you just bitter because you're a fan of Leona Lewis?

once again, in your opinion. If you don't like it so much why get so involved in the topic? Are you just bitter because you're a fan of Leona Lewis?

Exactly, it's my opinion.

The reason why I got involved in the topic is because I don't like it.

One day, you'll become older (hopefully) and mature (I presume) and will one day flick through your old tunes and reminisce about the times and the events you took part in whilst listening to those songs. This will be one that you throw away.

I've never understood how you can criticise someone elses music taste. We all do it, if i hear some heavy metal ****, i'll say this is absolute pony. But you dont really have any control over what you like, you hear something and you either like it or you dont.

It's pony indie music, a genre I once liked until all these pretenders started nicking songs and convincing Smithy it's okay.

I've downloaded it but can't say I'm in love with. In total agreement with bNw on this. He's good, but he's offering very little that's new.

"Alternative" music isn't that alternative anymore, unfortunately. You have to go to electronic music to find anything new, creative or different from what's been done before.

It's pony indie music, a genre I once liked until all these pretenders started nicking songs and convincing Smithy it's okay.

Ye whatever, i know f*ck all about music, but having a go at someone for their music taste is like having a go at someone for liking brussel sprouts. You dont really have any control over what music you like, you hear it and you either like it or you dont.

Exactly, it's my opinion.

The reason why I got involved in the topic is because I don't like it.

One day, you'll become older (hopefully) and mature (I presume) and will one day flick through your old tunes and reminisce about the times and the events you took part in whilst listening to those songs. This will be one that you throw away.

you're being very condescending. Because of my music taste I'm immature? I wouldn't say my collection of music is bad at all actually; Bob Dylan, stones, queen, guns n roses, the Beatles, Hendrix, pink floyd, the who, the jam. That's just to name a few.

you're being very condescending. Because of my music taste I'm immature? I wouldn't say my collection of music is bad at all actually; Bob Dylan, stones, queen, guns n roses, the Beatles, Hendrix, pink floyd, the who, the jam. That's just to name a few.

Sorry dude, you never stop maturing though. Wasn't a snipe, except for the crap tune.

Bob Dylan is terrible, he played with better musicians he's just the poster boy from that era. Karen Dalton was better musically and lyrically. She also did many covers but made them her own, not rip them off and call them her own.

Rolling Stones, few good tunes but they're only recognised so massively because they're white and were the bad boy beatles. Many black musicians made better music than them in their times but don't get the recognition.

Everybody loves Queen.

I don't like any of the others, so I'll leave it there.

/music snobbery at it's finest.

I agree with EKR, you can't help what music you like or don't like.

Personally I can't be doing with The Jam, or The Who, David Bowie... - they're just not my type of music but if someone else likes them, fair do's. A lot of people don't like George Michael, personally I think his music is excellent. It's all a matter of taste I s'pose.

As for Jake, his albums gone straight in at No1, not bad for a new guy, a lot of artists never achieve that.

Jake Bugg being number one is like Theo Robinson as the highest paid football player in the world.

think about this though.

what if people start listening to him and think "he sounds good is there anyone else like him" then more and more people start listening to the people who he is "copying"

Sorry dude, you never stop maturing though. Wasn't a snipe, except for the crap tune.

Bob Dylan is terrible, he played with better musicians he's just the poster boy from that era. Karen Dalton was better musically and lyrically. She also did many covers but made them her own, not rip them off and call them her own.

Rolling Stones, few good tunes but they're only recognised so massively because they're white and were the bad boy beatles. Many black musicians made better music than them in their times but don't get the recognition.

Everybody loves Queen.

I don't like any of the others, so I'll leave it there.

/music snobbery at it's finest.

I don't like Queen. Never have.

Surprising really cos' I like loads of different stuff. When i'm a bit melancholy (or pissed), I like Dylan. Lennon, protest songs etc. I also love Beatles, Motown/Soul, early Rod Stewart, Sex Pistols, Stranglers, Clash, Madness, Oasis, Blur, . I also have fond memories of Abba's Dancing Queen but that's more to do with getting ones filthy way at Butlins Filey. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

But Queen, (apart from Bohemian Rhapsody), and Status Quo, are *****.

Archived