Jake Bugg

Smyth_18

As Daveo and anyone who follows me on Twitter knows, i kinda like Jake Bugg's music.

The 18 year old lad from Clifton released his album on Monday and it is brilliant to say the least. Don't begrudge him for being from Nottingham either, he's a Notts County fan!!

At the moment his album is number one in the charts, ahead of Leona Lewis new album.

Here's his latest single 'Two Fingers' if you haven't heard him yet.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9XwFecNXyU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9XwFecNXyU

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good track that and a good gritty vid. I prefer those vids to the modern rubbish today where they just look at the subject from 4 thousand different angles and expect me to be entertained. Yawn.

I like that though, good on him.

As Daveo and anyone who follows me on Twitter knows, i kinda like Jake Bugg's music.

The 18 year old lad from Clifton released his album on Monday and it is brilliant to say the least. Don't begrudge him for being from Nottingham either, he's a Notts County fan!!

At the moment his album is number one in the charts, ahead of Leona Lewis new album.

Here's his latest single 'Two Fingers' if you haven't heard him yet.

This is a tuuuuuuuuuuuuuune.

If that song was new, I might like it. But it's not, it's a carbon copy of songs written since the 60's cept it has no ambition whatsoever and zero originality. It's a boring song. It's a safe song for a record company. Even the video has been done before, a million times, maybe it's a shout out to the 'This is England' writer who is from Nottingham, isn't he?

The only thing it's got going for it, for me, is that it's in the East Midlands. But that's Nottingham, so it levels itself out again at zero interest.

/music snob.

Eight years ago people were writing more interesting songs, taking music in a slightly different way with the old school indie/post punk/new wave compositions. This is 'The Walkmen', they are from New York. It's not quite East Midlands, but if that's the sole reason you're liking this Bugg guy then that is poor form. Music deserves more respect than that.

Probably the best released single in the past 10 years.

take it youre not a fan bNw?

I can see why people like it, but it's not fresh enough for me. It's a cop out and unfortunately people like the OP get sucked into it as if it's a new thing when it's just a money making spin machine record company. There's plenty of songs to listen to from years ago that are by far superior to that effort.

The Buggs of this world should attempt something more original and stop screwing music up.

If that song was new, I might like it. But it's not, it's a carbon copy of songs written since the 60's cept it has no ambition whatsoever and zero originality. It's a boring song. It's a safe song for a record company. Even the video has been done before, a million times, maybe it's a shout out to the 'This is England' writer who is from Nottingham, isn't he?

The only thing it's got going for it, for me, is that it's in the East Midlands. But that's Nottingham, so it levels itself out again at zero interest.

/music snob.

Wash yer mouth out - "This is England" was written and directed by a Uttoxeter lad......

Archived