Gareth Bale

Uptherams

Anyone seen his dive against Scotland?

Only the other week he committed the worst dive in football I have ever seen at a spurs home game.

Disappointed in the sky pundits not having ago about his diving and instead accepting it was a penalty against Scotland.

Here is the one against Aston Villa:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbaUhiS4lgU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbaUhiS4lgU

Maybe he should commit such a dive against Robert Huth, then see what happens.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Micheal Owens comments this week is exactly what I said about 6 months ago regarding Ashley young vs Villa at Old Trafford..

If you're touched, knocked off balance or out of your stride and the chance has effectively gone because you've been impedid you have te right to go to ground, because you are fouled and the only losers in this situation are those that stay on their feet and the chance is gone..

But that Bale dive is just plain ridiculous.. Perhaps he felt that he was going to be impedid and just went to ground in anticipation, but he just looks like a douche doing that.. Ronaldo has a famous one in the PL too, out on the byline someone charged at him then hit the breaks, without touching Ronaldo he had already anticipated the foul and went to ground without being touched.. Both players laughed about it after (it might have been Chris Powell) either way Ronaldo looked like a t!t afterwards

Some players however get special ref treatment in this case.. Micheal Owen has never been criticised for diving but he has on many occasions gone to ground through the slightest touch.. As has Steven Gerrard.. I say they have a right to, but why blame this on foreigners? English players have done it for years also

Micheal Owens comments this week is exactly what I said about 6 months ago regarding Ashley young vs Villa at Old Trafford..

If you're touched, knocked off balance or out of your stride and the chance has effectively gone because you've been impedid you have te right to go to ground, because you are fouled and the only losers in this situation are those that stay on their feet and the chance is gone..

But that Bale dive is just plain ridiculous.. Perhaps he felt that he was going to be impedid and just went to ground in anticipation, but he just looks like a douche doing that.. Ronaldo has a famous one in the PL too, out on the byline someone charged at him then hit the breaks, without touching Ronaldo he had already anticipated the foul and went to ground without being touched.. Both players laughed about it after (it might have been Chris Powell) either way Ronaldo looked like a t!t afterwards

Some players however get special ref treatment in this case.. Micheal Owen has never been criticised for diving but he has on many occasions gone to ground through the slightest touch.. As has Steven Gerrard.. I say they have a right to, but why blame this on foreigners? English players have done it for years also

I think Owen said it exactly right. I did hear some (mainly Scottish ) people say he dived against the Argies. Well he made the most of it but there was a foul in the penalty box which means a penalty kick no arguments.

I think Owen said it exactly right. I did hear some (mainly Scottish ) people say he dived against the Argies. Well he made the most of it but there was a foul in the penalty box which means a penalty kick no arguments.

That's pretty much how I see it.. Luis Suarez for all his criticism is constantly clipped in the area. His only options is to stay on his feet which 99/100 times leads to a chance wasted or go to ground which he has done but is constantly criticised for it..

He has made a few dives yes..

But Micheal Owen has done exactly the same on numerous occasions during his career.. The Argie example is perfect, what could he possibly have achieved by trying to stay on his feet.. The chance or good position would have been wasted as he'd have been way off balance surrounded by defenders.. But the important thing is he was fouled..

That's pretty much how I see it.. Luis Suarez for all his criticism is constantly clipped in the area. His only options is to stay on his feet which 99/100 times leads to a chance wasted or go to ground which he has done but is constantly criticised for it..

He has made a few dives yes..

But Micheal Owen has done exactly the same on numerous occasions during his career.. The Argie example is perfect, what could he possibly have achieved by trying to stay on his feet.. The chance or good position would have been wasted as he'd have been way off balance surrounded by defenders.. But the important thing is he was fouled..

I can't believe I never noticed this at the time, never thought anything of it until I just watched it. I was so convinced he'd been fouled, even after the first showing of it on youtube, then the multiple replays showed he wasn't touched if only barely.

Dude, that is not a foul. No way, no how, the Ashley Young one was probably much worse than that in that he dragged his foot onto the player. In no way was he impeded. If the attacking player runs into a dead channel, that's his own problem, he lost the ball.

It's a double sided argument, dives like that are rewarded and sometimes stone wall penalties (such as the GBH assault on Walcott against San Marino) are ignored. Gareth Bale is a serial cheat, so is Ashley Young and I've seen Danny Welbeck go to ground rather easily a few times.

It's cheating, simple as that.

for me i see barely any contact when Suarez, Bale, Welbeck etc go to ground and start asking for a pen or a FK. that's cheating.

take Suarez against Man U there was contact between him and Evans but if that sent him down then he has the same sense of balance as a new born giraffe. its not a pen.

Bales dive against villa and welbecks against wigan were a disgrace.

for me if its a pen there needs to be enough contact to go to ground.

there is a lack of consistency in refs they give a foul out the box. but wont in the box e.g shirt pulling and pushing. that's the most frustrating part.

Daveo's got it right though, there should be retrospective bans for diving and there should be straight reds if anyone is caught diving.

I don't think Bale intentionally dived against Scotland, I think it was an innocent clip of the heels. Not defending him generally though - he is a diving tit.

We don't really have any divers in our team, do we? That's partly why we rarely get penalties, aside from barely ever being in the opposition's box. Jamie Ward is the only one in the squad I can think of who goes to ground too easily.

Daveo's got it right though, there should be retrospective bans for diving and there should be straight reds if anyone is caught diving.

Where do you draw the line.. What is cheating and what is not? Trying to win a penalty but diving is the same as blatantly fouling an attacking player whose in a great position to score..

The amount of times defenders rugby tackle strikers to the ground at corners and freekicks, you'd be awarding bans for 'fair play' after everygame.. Going to ground pretending to be injured and having the other team kick it out literally takes up 3 or 4 minutes of a game, only for the player to run around like a spring chicken afterwards.. This is also cheating.. Do we ban these players too?

Diving, faking injury, wasting time, cynical fouling, constant moaning at the ref, influencing decisions, grabbing at corners etc.. are all faults in our game, but they are all apart of our game..

I also don't blame some strikers for diving, some players are constantly fouled and get nothing.. Suarez has dived on many occasions and has obvious defects in his personality but he's probably the most fouled striker in the PL and he gets little help from the refs.. Welbeck on the other hand seems to be loved by the refs..

I can't believe I never noticed this at the time, never thought anything of it until I just watched it. I was so convinced he'd been fouled, even after the first showing of it on youtube, then the multiple replays showed he wasn't touched if only barely.

Dude, that is not a foul. No way, no how, the Ashley Young one was probably much worse than that in that he dragged his foot onto the player. In no way was he impeded. If the attacking player runs into a dead channel, that's his own problem, he lost the ball.

It's a double sided argument, dives like that are rewarded and sometimes stone wall penalties (such as the GBH assault on Walcott against San Marino) are ignored. Gareth Bale is a serial cheat, so is Ashley Young and I've seen Danny Welbeck go to ground rather easily a few times.

It's cheating, simple as that.

Not sure you are talking about Owen or Bale

owen v Argentina was a foul see....

I will look again at Bale and tell you what I see

Mark Lawrenson said Bale would walk into any team in the world.

Iniesta, Ronaldo must have had a bad season.

Overrated. Being "unplayable" v Scotland is ..... well, you know?

When does his £30m move to Barca go through? Same times as Pep takes over at Chelsea?

Unless you've been physically knocked off your feet then there should be no "decision" as to whether you go down with the contact. The mere suggestion that hitting the deck is a choice is very wrong, unsportsmanlike. I'd also go as far as saying half the challenges I see for yellow and red cards are good tackles IMO. Foreigners outdo Englishmen in theatrics, the repeat offenders are a pure and simple, utter embarrassment to the game.

Archived