A footballer with morals

Dangerous

Alessandro Del Piero the Juventus legend has revealed how he turned down the opportunity to join liverpool this year because of the Heysel stadium tragedy.

He said he realised that both clubs are making efforts with each other but he could not forget it.He opted to play in Australia instead.

Fair play to the man.liverpools "efforts" are half hearted at best.They lay a wreath when the clubs last played each other,juve's fans turned their back on the liverpool contingent.

It would be nice to see some real effort from liverpool after they recently got their "justice".

The families of the 39 murdered fans would like some justice of their own too I imagine.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't think it's been written out if Scouse folk lore, but it's just become a beating stick.

Liverpool fans had to fight for their justice,

Liverpool fans were prosecuted for the Heysel.

Maybe it wasn't enough punishment for them in some eyes but justice according to the law was served.

As i have said before I follow Juve, dispite what happened between our two clubs, and I have a number of very good friends who are Juve vikings (google it) and have travelled all over Europe to see them.

When I lived on the little island you call home (happy days) I went ot all of Juve's Chumpions league games, and was at the Liverpool game.

As Dangerous says, it was ALL very half hearted, and I honestly have never experienced an atmosphere like it, it was absolute pure hatred, I was in the Juve end and when they turned their backs on the scousers and sang "we will never forget" (rough translation) it was amazing.

Good on Alex, I LOVE that he would rather go and play on the other side of the world in a Mickey Mouse league than play for those scum bags.

As for punishment....no, they have never served ANY punishment for it at all, they should have been banned for 39 years from Europe, one for every death they caused completely by themselves.

As for punishment....no, they have never served ANY punishment for it at all, they should have been banned for 39 years from Europe, one for every death they caused completely by themselves.

In your opinion.

The fans served the punishment under the laws of the day.

Should the club be punished for fans actions? Most people on this forum think its wrong the fans are punished for clubs actions with the points deductions for administration.

14 fans got sent to prison for that day? There was no enquiry into that day? And Liverpool only served 6 years of a 10 year ban, what justice is that ?

This is the same Liverpool who campaigned for years, rightly so for justice and expect it to be handed out retrospectively, we're the families of the 39 or the hundreds injured ever given that option and support.

If the families hasn't campaigned would any sort of justice been done?

Have the families of Heysel victims canpaigned as hard? Maybe it's been hampered by the reputation of Jucebtus fans and Italian fans in general. Or by the fact that Juventus fans continued rioting during the match.

The same reputation that when used against Liverpool fans in any reference to the hillsborough everyone claims shouldnt be taken into account?

Any yes juventus fans tried during the match to get to Liverpool fans, given what had transpired and what they had seen, do you not think they had a right to be slightly upset?

Not saying the use if reputation should be used against them - merely that it is that which could count against them in calls for justice - the same way it did for Liverpool.

You could say that those saying they have the right to justice yet use the reputation argument against Liverpool are being hypocritical.

And yes I understand that seeing what had happened would have angered them - but it was both sets if fans throwing missiles at each other that triggered the initial trouble.

Not saying the use if reputation should be used against them - merely that it is that which could count against them in calls for justice - the same way it did for Liverpool.

You could say that those saying they have the right to justice yet use the reputation argument against Liverpool are being hypocritical.

And yes I understand that seeing what had happened would have angered them - but it was both sets if fans throwing missiles at each other that triggered the initial trouble.

It was Liverpool fans charging at Juventus fans that killed all those people.

They should STILL be banned from Europe.

No one has served any significant time inside prison for this crime.

Believe me, if it had been the other way around, there would have been such a different outcome.

But, as they say, it's never their fault.

I read a blog by a Juve fan on the anniversary of Heysel about the incident, and I was shocked at what I read, I am too young to remember the incident.

He said that some Juve fans were expecting a backlash from Liverpool fans as the previous year they had lots of trouble from Roma fans in Rome amd they wanted "revenge" there was fights and riots all day in the city, the police were massively under prepared, the ground wasn't fit to host any game of football, never mind a match of this magnitude.

I will have a look for it as it is a very good piece.

It's a bit daft, this argument. Juventus fans seemed intent on not letting this lie after 20 years, so on a day where they attempted to commemorate the victims of the disaster Juventus fans instead insist on keeping the wounds raw. Several times I've read 'revenge' on the description of the aftermath.

But don't let that distort your view of Liverpool. You've already made your views clear, anything to do with Liverpool and you'll point the finger at the whole city. Never Juventus, never any of the other English cities involved in violence. It's like Liverpool are held up as the example of footballing hooliganism, when pretty much all cities were at it.

That was the like the full stop of that period, just so happened to be Liverpool. Could've been any other English club at the time.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2005/apr/02/championsleague200405.championsleague

I would say read this, I can't believe that people are buying into the stories that circulated after this happened. There was a 11 year old who died at this game, but lets not blame the real culprits, let looks for excuses and blame everybody else, lets wonder why after 20 years the juventus fans can't forget and forgive.

Anyone who has been to an important game knows that getting a ticket is hard at the best of times, but no in a European final, lets believe that other English fans, managed to get tickets and instigated this trouble inside the ground, supporting another English team.

Lets blame juventus fans whilst we are at it, they were the ones that goaded the Liverpool fans over the years, they were the only ones throwing objects, oh and spitting, in fact I can understand it now, Liverpool were the innocent victims in all this.

This is not a view on Liverpool, but what happened at that game, had Liverpool fans not broke through the police barrier at the time, then these fans would not have died, no matter how you try to dress it up, this is a fact.

Whatever next, blaming computer games when people kill people, gang culture is ok because other people do it, justifying an action because someone else did it is not a defence for any action.

Klose wins fair play prize

[url=http://www.fifa.com/classicfootball/clubs/club=43948/index.html]Germany striker [url=http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/players/player=182206/index.html]Miroslav Klose has received a fair play award from the German FA after admitting a goal he had scored last month in the Italian league was a handball.

The 34-year-old, who has scored 65 times for [url=http://www.fifa.com/classicfootball/clubs/club=43948/index.html]Germany in 125 appearances, won the prize after informing the referee a goal he had scored for Lazio against Napoli in Serie A at the end of September had hit his hand first.

After Klose's confession, the referee cancelled the goal as Lazio went on to lose the match 3-0 at Napoli. The German was praised by his opponents on the pitch and later by the Italian media for his honesty.

"The referee asked me if the ball had hit my hand," said Klose, who will play in [url=http://www.fifa.com/classicfootball/clubs/club=43948/index.html]Germany's FIFA World Cup qualifier against [url=http://www.fifa.com/classicfootball/clubs/club=43970/index.html]Sweden at Berlin's Olympic Stadium on Tuesday.

"I admitted it had and, for me, that was the obvious thing to do.There are so many young people who sit in front of the television, that we should set a good example."

Klose also won a similar award in 2005 when playing for Werder Bremen in a Bundesliga match against Bielefeld. After Bremen were awarded a penalty, Klose told the referee that the Bielefeld goalkeeper had the ball first before the striker fell in the area.

The referee reversed his penalty decision and also cancelled the yellow card shown to the goalkeeper.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/news/newsid=1785945.html?intcmp=fifacom_hp_module_news

Archived