Callum Ball Loan Watch

-JW-

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do Coventry fans make of him?

Quite lazy twitter search

callum ball is ****, I might see if he wants lift back to derby with me tomorrow

Callum Ball sounds too much like Cannon and Ball for my liking. Maybe we should sign them up? [url=https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23cantdoworse]#cantdoworse [url=https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23pusb]#pusb [url=https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23skyblues]#skyblues [url=https://twitter.com/search/?src=hash&q=%23ccfc]#ccfc

Quite lazy twitter search

Twitter is never the fairest way too look at fans' views, it's all people going way over the top to gain attention and followers.

Forums are slightly more positive, and generally, the opinion is mixed between those who see him as a rather large waste of space, and those who think he's quite skilful for a centre forward.

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a quick look at what the Coventry fans are saying about Ball and it seems like my worst fears are coming to fruition.

Slow, immobile, very poor in the air...etc all being mentioned and hasn't had a shot yet either...

The one thing that impressed me about Ball was his shot last season, everything else seemed a bit pub playerish and I had hoped that league one would allow him to get some goals which he managed in the reserves but sounds like he is struggling still.

Wonder if there is a future at Derby for him? Not looking great at the minute, I must say!

Just had a quick look at what the Coventry fans are saying about Ball and it seems like my worst fears are coming to fruition.

Slow, immobile, very poor in the air...etc all being mentioned and hasn't had a shot yet either...

The one thing that impressed me about Ball was his shot last season, everything else seemed a bit pub playerish and I had hoped that league one would allow him to get some goals which he managed in the reserves but sounds like he is struggling still.

Wonder if there is a future at Derby for him? Not looking great at the minute, I must say!

The fact that he's playing in a team with little or no confidence that have still yet to register a win following a relegation should be taken into account.

I don't think many of their players would fare too well if you were to ask their fans.

Once they have won a few games and their players can start playing with a little more freedom should be the time to start judging.

Let's not forget he's only a kid and the pressure on him to perform must be very high.

The fact that he's playing in a team with little or no confidence that have still yet to register a win following a relegation should be taken into account.

I don't think many of their players would fare too well if you were to ask their fans.

Once they have won a few games and their players can start playing with a little more freedom should be the time to start judging.

Let's not forget he's only a kid and the pressure on him to perform must be very high.

Things could be about to get a whole lot worse for him if they make the wrong choice on the manager.......

"former Hull City and Preston North End boss Phil Brown is among those to have been interviewed"

Derby fans find it hard sometimes to accept that one of our home grown wonder kids isn't that wonderful. I'd imagine what Coventry fans are saying will make one Derby fan pretty upset.

Ball's old news now, all aboard the Mason Bennett bandwagon....

Derby fans find it hard sometimes to accept that one of our home grown wonder kids isn't that wonderful. I'd imagine what Coventry fans are saying will make one Derby fan pretty upset.

Ball's old news now, all aboard the Mason Bennett bandwagon....

Mason Bennett was soooooo last season, it is Will Hughes this season!! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':P' />

I rate niether ball or bennett........

Isn't Mason Bennett a 16 year old playing for the England U17 team? Have you seen him play at his own level?

I'm surprised fans don't rate him. It's not like Ball - Ball has a fantastic goal scoring record in Reserve and U18 football but if you saw him play he never looked that good. He was just clinical at that sort of level.

Bennett could yet fade but at this stage he deserves the wonderkid tag. Saw him against NI U17s and he just blitzed the game - no other England player looked as good as him. Also saw him against the United U18s - probably the best player on the pitch then, against one of the best Academy teams in Europe, most of whom were two or three years his senior.

Isn't Mason Bennett a 16 year old playing for the England U17 team? Have you seen him play at his own level?

I'm surprised fans don't rate him. It's not like Ball - Ball has a fantastic goal scoring record in Reserve and U18 football but if you saw him play he never looked that good. He was just clinical at that sort of level.

Bennett could yet fade but at this stage he deserves the wonderkid tag. Saw him against NI U17s and he just blitzed the game - no other England player looked as good as him. Also saw him against the United U18s - probably the best player on the pitch then, against one of the best Academy teams in Europe, most of whom were two or three years his senior.

I'm sure bennett is good at U17 level but we don't play at that level every week.

I'm sure bennett is good at U17 level but we don't play at that level every week.

You said you didn't rate him. He's 16, he's not going to look brilliant at our level - but that doesn't mean he's not going to be world class (nor is that a guarantee despite his talent at this stage, of course).

We've got an incredible talent on our hands - we can keep him in youth football and stunt his development if we wish, he hasn't got anything to learn. But if he's going to be introduced to the first team, at his age, it will be gradual.

And that's what we're doing.

You said you didn't rate him. He's 16, he's not going to look brilliant at our level - but that doesn't mean he's not going to be world class (nor is that a guarantee despite his talent at this stage, of course).

We've got an incredible talent on our hands - we can keep him in youth football and stunt his development if we wish, he hasn't got anything to learn. But if he's going to be introduced to the first team, at his age, it will be gradual.

And that's what we're doing.

I'm sure he will be a great player IMO he's not good enough to be playing in the first team yet.

I'm sure he will be a great player IMO he's not good enough to be playing in the first team yet.

Are my batteries running low, I thought you didn't rate him!

Okay, fair comment, can see why you might think its too early. I personally think we've got to play him before he starts to go off like Jose Baxter.

Are my batteries running low, I thought you didn't rate him!

Okay, fair comment, can see why you might think its too early. I personally think we've got to play him before he starts to go off like Jose Baxter.

I think I said what I thought about him before in the thread about him.

Archived