Football Manager 2013

Hucknall Ram

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'Global Brand' Notts Forest are yet to leave the Championship, while my Burton team look for midtable security after back to back promotions.

Beat them 2-0 at the City Council Ground first game of the 2014/15 season, after they lost in the COCup to a Derby team that still has Hughes and Sammon in their second season in League 1.

For those of you on a top-flight adventure, guiding the Rams to Premier League glory or otherwise, check out our old comrade, Alberto Bueno.

I've been playing as Spurs this week. I signed him in the summer 2012 transfer window for an initial £1m rising to £2.5m. He's scored 16 goals in 25 appearances.

Play him as a lone striker in the role of 'poacher' and let the magic happen.

Honours with Derby:

European Champions Cup: Winner 2016

Euro Cup: Winner 2015

European Super Cup: Winner 2016, Runner up 2015

FA Cup: runner up 2015

Capitol One Cup: Winner 2014, 2015

nPower Championship: Winner 2013

But no success in league so far.

Okay so I brought this game along with a brand new spanking laptop. The last game I played was FM2011 so it was a huge shock to the system seeing the new revamp! Love the Football Manager game series and get really addicted to it. I have to be honest though I usually start as Derby but this year I really can't do it. Our squad is seriously underrated so I started a game with League 2 side York City. Derby have an amazing youth setup on the game especially for League 2/BSP sides . The likes of Josh Lelan are absolute immense for a loan I currently lie about 3rd in league with the best defence in the league loaning players from Derbys youth team.

Okay so I brought this game along with a brand new spanking laptop. The last game I played was FM2011 so it was a huge shock to the system seeing the new revamp! Love the Football Manager game series and get really addicted to it. I have to be honest though I usually start as Derby but this year I really can't do it. Our squad is seriously underrated so I started a game with League 2 side York City. Derby have an amazing youth setup on the game especially for League 2/BSP sides . The likes of Josh Lelan are absolute immense for a loan I currently lie about 3rd in league with the best defence in the league loaning players from Derbys youth team.

I would say our squad is seriously overrated.

Having played the first season with a basic 4-4-2 keeping the same tactic in every single game, I won the league albeit by only 3 points.

Our strikers were awesome. Sammon grabbing 21 goals and Theo with 17.

Many of our squad are now worth 4M in the Premiership. Very silly really.

The game is once more too easy. How can anyone start with Derby, alter the squad by only one player (Clint Hill loaned in), not alter the tactics and remain top of the league the entire season.

Just going to start my first season in the Premiership. I have got some French kid called Sanogo on a free and my big signing is Cork in the midfield at 5.5M. Just need a left back and I'm ready to go. The squad will be mostly what it is at the moment.

Just won the league cup with the Rams. Third season in, second in Prem....currently 6th, possible 5th finish. I have a real issue with Wolves in my game, I can never beat them and it is really annoying me!

I have the exact same problem. Got to my 5th season with Derby went up with wolves and they beat me every time best result I have against them is a 1-0 loss. It's crazy

Think I've finally got it sussed for Derby. Playing my first season & not making any notable signings (2 young free players & Malaury Martin on a free) . Playing a basic 4-4-2 with Fielding in goal. Brayford - Keogh - O'brien or Gjokaj - Roberts as my main defence. Alternating between O'brien & Gjokaj because they both have an average rating of over 7 at the midway point. Also Freeman is a very useful player if I need cover at LB or RB. My main Midfield consists of Ben Davies - Craig Bryson as a Deep Lying Playmaker - Jeff Hendrick/ Paul Coutts - Jacobs. Obviously alternating the midfield quite a lot to accommodate the likes of Hughes & Martin who can both play as Deep lying Playmakers. Hendrick is most useful as a Box to box midfielder. My strike force Is Sammon - Robinson. Sammon is playing as a Defensive Forward and Robinson as an advanced Forward. So far this season after 24 or so games they have scored 30+ goals between them and my derby team is currently 2nd in the table . P24 W12 D9 L3 F35 A20. It's also worth noting that some players I've not mentioned like Ward & Tyson are all benched players. Depending on the fitness/Ratings of others I alternate them all. I also hold the 4th best home record & the 1st away in the league. Unbeaten away in the league. Side note I beat Forest 4-3 at the city ground after going 2-0 down.

Archived