Sammon or Savies

TomCumming

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Davies' conversion rate is a lot higher then Sammons so far, I think if them two chances on Saturday and presented themselves to Davies he would of scored both of them, but like someone said above, Sammon might get this back with match fitness/sharpness. Only time will tell

Clough was quoted as saying that against Charlton, Sammon ran further than anyone, even Bryson. The point is those chances wouldn't have occurred for Davies, Sammon has great positional play off the ball.

Just needs a bit of confidence. He's surprisingly fast for his size.

For too many games Savies went missing for 30 odd mins and did very little for the team. Good in front of goal though.

I'd take the fish. We need someone who can hold the ball up with the midfield we have.

Sammon's link up play so far has been very good and he's got himself in good attacking positions. Has anyone seen Davies at Bristol? Think he scored his first goal recently. I think even with injuries Davies is capable of 15 goals a season. I think Sammon could get that many and looks more suited to our game this year. I'm perfectly happy with Sammon to be honest.

So far Sammon has been fit for all of the matches we've played since we've signed him. If he continues that for a season, he's a very valuable asset.

Fitness is as important as talent over the course of 46 games. No point having a brilliant striker sitting on the treatment table and having to pick a clueless reserve instead.

In truth, if Sammon plays every game 6/10 for the whole season he'll actually bring more to the team than Savies did. Or Commons, actually!

Not if he misses a hatfull everygame resulting in us drawing blanks and picking up 1 or 0 points over many games..

Goes back to those that say they'd rather a steady eddie for 46 games than a flash in the pan who only shows up for 1/3 games.. Well that all depends on whether the steady eddie actually contributes towards a winning team or whether he consistantly pulls his weight in a winning team.. A steady eddie in a losing team is no good to anyone.

Time will only tell whether Sammon makes his mark and whether or not he helps us win games.. Savies might score more, but that won't make him a better player, the better player ill be the one who pulls his weight all over the pitch and who helps create a winning team.. (Drogba over Daniel Sturridge is the best example I can find when the better player actually scored less goals last season)

Not if he misses a hatfull everygame resulting in us drawing blanks and picking up 1 or 0 points over many games..

Goes back to those that say they'd rather a steady eddie for 46 games than a flash in the pan who only shows up for 1/3 games.. Well that all depends on whether the steady eddie actually contributes towards a winning team or whether he consistantly pulls his weight in a winning team.. A steady eddie in a losing team is no good to anyone.

Time will only tell whether Sammon makes his mark and whether or not he helps us win games.. Savies might score more, but that won't make him a better player, the better player ill be the one who pulls his weight all over the pitch and who helps create a winning team.. (Drogba over Daniel Sturridge is the best example I can find when the better player actually scored less goals last season)

Well I wouldn't consider someone who misses at hatful of chances as giving a 6/10 performance.

Well I wouldn't consider someone who misses at hatful of chances as giving a 6/10 performance.

If he helped to create those chances himself by his speed, aggression and work rate then you could easily give a good rating. If his presence allows others to nick a goal then its even better.

So far so good for Sammon for me. Bit more match fitness to come but already a handful for defences.

He will smash a goal in tomorrow, I feel it in me watter......

Archived