Highlights

chaperz21

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll be on BBC tomorrow morning. They wait until after the wednesday fixtures before putting them up.

[url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18153109]http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18153109

Under the new deal the BBC will no longer provide separate video clips of every Football League game online - however, the Football League Show will be available to watch as 'catch-up' on the BBC iPlayer."

Wow, ropey highlights from Sky there - the commentator sounds like he's about to fall asleep and the camera man completely missed the Green goal. Not exactly professional. Give me BBC anytime.

Same on football league app but strangely if you watch the interveiws with clough and ward they actually show that goal properly but for some reason couldn't be arsed to put that clip in the highlights

Absolutely love pretty much everything about the BBC, I think it's one of the best things this country does and I'd probably pay twice the current license fee just to keep it as it is.

That is, apart from the Football League Show, which I think is the biggest waste of the license fee you will ever see. We can all watch the highlights of our club's games for free, so why the need to spend the money on that appalling studio, to employ a presenter who says absolutely nothing of interest, to employ a woman to read out such comments as "Hi, I'm a Leicester fan, really pleased that we won 3-0 today, I enjoyed the win, I like winning and if we keep winning I reckon we're dark horses for promotion. Can you please ask Steve if he also thinks we might go up if we win every game", the money to employ Steve Claridge to say "I think Nigel Clough is doing a good job down there (down where, Steve? You're in London) and it's a slow process and he's building a good team gradually and he just needs time" every time Derby is mentioned, and to make general comments about every game as if he watched them all when clearly he hasn't, for a show that does nothing but show "extended" highlights of a dull fixture (usually Leeds at home to Hull), which is 5 minutes of action with three cameras. Then, the rest of the Football League gets its slot - 40 seconds of highlights, half of which is taken up by watching your manager and players get off a bus and a random shot of some little kids outside Pride Park shouting "C'mon Derby!" into the camera. When you finally do see your team's 40 seconds of fame at 12.30am, you will have to listen to the narrator's self-inforced rule of NEVER EVER saying the same name for your team twice. Before "Derby", and "the Rams" have been used, we will then be called "the East Midlanders", "Clough's men", "the Pride Park outfit", or - and perhaps worst of all - "County". If you then had the loyalty and application to stay up till the end, you get "treated" to Manish standing in front of a green screen showing the tables - and we know he can't actually see the table, but he still pretends he does anyway, looking like an arse as he stares to his left looking at Port Vale in 4th to talk about Accrington Stanley being 14th and down by his knee.

In conclusion, I am not a fan of the Football League Show.

Archived