Badge Man tribute v Charlton

therams69

Hi all

We all know the news by now of the dcfc family loss in Douglas Else, aka Badge man.

As per normal in these sad times I will be walking the flag around the pitch pre game v Charlton accompanied by Steve (son) who will be carrying the famous badge man coat. Doug's wife will also be in attendance. This is our time to show our appreciation for the dedication in what Doug gave to the club which he so fully deserves.

Additionally we will be having a minutes applause on 86 minutes (like Huddersfield) and a 'stand up for badgeman song' if you can all please pass the word.

Doug was known by so many at the club that he was probably the most iconic fan at our club. Someone who gave us our identity.

There are many more plans in place to remember Doug and will advise following the Charlton game.

Up the Rams and RIP Doug, we will do you proud like you have our club.

Nick

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd give the old boy a round of applause if I were able to attend the game, from what I understand the club was one of the biggest things in his life and to acknowledge his passing away and the tremendous support he gave his club I feel would be a nice touch. Nothing more, nothing less.

Had the pleasure of meeting Doug before.. Once at Barnsley and a couple times after when i'd scream "BADGE MAAAAAAAAN"!. At the top of my lungs when i saw him.. He was a total legend and i was really sad when i heard he'd passed away.. I can't believe he's not there anymore.. He was'nt just a fan. He was one of us, but a total legend and an icon of the terraces, we'll miss him

R.I.P

It was good, the thing I noticed was that everybody started clapping at the same time. It wasn't a gradual spread down the stands thing, not from where we were sitting anyway.

I'm sure Dougie would have been well chuffed, his son Steven was on RD this morning and he was.

Archived