Formation and Players

sage

I'd agree with that except Hendrick seems to be the one dropping deeper, after having watched Watford on the full 90.

Sammon does seem to have changed our game in that we now have a target man - balls played to him instead of being punted long for Theo/Tyson to chase, which has made us far more effective. The problems against Bolton started when we were relying on the long punt + chase.. its just too easy for them.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think Tyson and Robinson are too similar to have in a squad, if they aren't starting. At the start of the season I would have thought Tyson would be the one to move on, but maybe the theo tweet has changed things.

They're both quick, but I don't think they're that similar apart from that, are they?

Tyson has a better touch, but they both want the same kind of service.

Tyson seems a bit more comfortable on the ball and more capable with his back to goal. Better in the air too, I would say.

Robinson is a "shoulder of the last defender" forward and a better finisher.

Fair?

Tyson seems a bit more comfortable on the ball and more capable with his back to goal. Better in the air too, I would say.

Robinson is a "shoulder of the last defender" forward and a better finisher.

Fair?

Tyson is better with is back to goal than Theo, but he mainly wants balls to run onto. I'm not sure if Theo is a better finisher but he scores more goals. That makes sense in my head.

I'd have Theo as a supersub.

Sammon ruffs em up all afternoon, then he comes on after 65/70 to run them ragged. Obviously can't do that every game, but I do think Robinson loses some of his threat when he's on from the start. He tires at the same time as the other players on the pitch, and when pace is your one outstanding asset, it'll work against you.

Having said that, I guess it would be difficult to manage his expectations, knowing you're largely going to be on the bench.

He could be a 'League Cup' player, bit like United have...

As long as Hendrick and Bryson play well we will play well - if them two aren't on their game we will fall apart.

that is where both our strength and weaknesses are in that middle - depending on performance

Agree with this. They do seem a bit stronger this season but Nige needs a plan for when its not working and be prepared to change it.

Coutts and Hughes can drop into the middle so we do have options.

Agree with this. They do seem a bit stronger this season but Nige needs a plan for when its not working and be prepared to change it.

Coutts and Hughes can drop into the middle so we do have options.

I think Ward will drop into the right wing (or left and Hughes to the right) and Coutts move into the middle when we are losing the midfield battle, assuming he starts with the team that started vs Watford.

More important to me is for Nige to keep his nerve, whoever is playing we should play the same way, set our stall out and try to play pass and move, create chances, keep possession patiently when we need to.

Neat passing and one twos near the box will either create a chance or gain free kicks and corners.

good to watch anorl!

Archived