1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Don't disrespect Alvaston. Come down 'ere and you get merked, bruv 

Alvo boys were are here

Stood outside Co Op drinking beer

When you get to Blue Peter roundabout 

Watch me in my Corsa spinning around

Go past Tesco watch your back

I've stollen a trolley and I ain't givin' it back

I had the misfortune of being raised there. I was technically at the end that's basically Allenton so my area was basically the meat in the middle of a Chav Sandwich. Talk about clowns to the left of me and jokers to the right...

24 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

tbf that was a year ago 

19 minutes ago, eddie said:

He's just a troll - and a piss-poor one at that, despite the post you quoted being a year old.

18 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

I'd take a look at the date that was posted before making a judgement...

Apology issued gents :whistle:

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Alvaston; South London?

If you were really Batman you'd know about Alvaston. Gotham is for beginners. 

Just down the way in Allenton they have a proper gang that all wear purple at the same time and they fight with other gangs that wear a different colour. They really really like purple

8 hours ago, AmberRamber said:

The school of thought is that a premier league player who is a regular for his side would never drop down a league.

However there are a few examples.

Kevin Nolan 

Stewart Downing

Matt Ritchie

That said, there has been a love affair with ourselves as Derby fans and certain players who left and we were desperate for their return.

Mainly players who truly cut their cut at our club.

Big Tom being one but I also recall the clamour to bring Chris Riggott home.

Personally I would love to see Huddleston moving around the pride park pitch in the glorious black and white of Derby County.

Rams for life 

That's the problem, right there!

3 hours ago, eddie said:

He's just a troll - and a piss-poor one at that, despite the post you quoted being a year old.

So I'm a troll because I had a different opinion to you? Ask 90% if Derby fans at the time of the comment and they'd agree that Johnson was struggling. Actually let's scrap that, let's all live in the world of Eddie where every one of our players is world class...... Don't like different opinions, don't come on the forum, it's that simple 

Just now, McLovin said:

So I'm a troll because I had a different opinion to you? Ask 90% if Derby fans at the time of the comment and they'd agree that Johnson was struggling. Actually let's scrap that, let's all live in the world of Eddie where every one of our players is world class...... Don't like different opinions, don't come on the forum, it's that simple 

It wasn't just a case of Johnson struggling - it was your typically disparaging remarks about his apparent lack of ability, apparent lack of effort and basically the fact that you had written him off as not fit to wear the shirt.

I know that none of our players are 'world class' - I also know that a player who had been a folk hero and player of the season at a side that had been promoted the previous season, and who had started at Derby pretty well and who subsequently had run into a period of bad form was worth not writing off, and certainly shouldn't have been booed off the park.

What I try to do is to get behind the players even when things are going badly for them. There's a word for people like that - strangely enough, it's 'supporter'. There's no qualification to that label - no 'when they are doing well' tagged on to the end.

Try it some time.

1 minute ago, eddie said:

It wasn't just a case of Johnson struggling - it was your typically disparaging remarks about his apparent lack of ability, apparent lack of effort and basically the fact that you had written him off as not fit to wear the shirt.

I know that none of our players are 'world class' - I also know that a player who had been a folk hero and player of the season at a side that had been promoted the previous season, and who had started at Derby pretty well and who subsequently had run into a period of bad form was worth not writing off, and certainly shouldn't have been booed off the park.

What I try to do is to get behind the players even when things are going badly for them. There's a word for people like that - strangely enough, it's 'supporter'. There's no qualification to that label - no 'when they are doing well' tagged on to the end.

Try it some time.

So just because I'm "negative" on here, you have come to the conclusion that I don't get behind them? I said that Johnson was poor in the dm role, not overall. At the time he was poor in that role. I didn't say he showed no effort, you're the one saying I did.Try reading properly next time.I'm pretty sure that I get behind the team more than you do at matches. The purpose of a forum is for discussion, both positive and constructive. Don't like it don't come here.  

37 minutes ago, 86 points said:

Shows how much things can change, huh? Only George could fill the role a year back and now we have 3 decent CDMs on our books. 

Yes Johnson has improved a lot in the defensive midfield role since I posted that comment. I think it helps that he is now being taught how to play that role in training rather than being chucked in there and told to do his best. That all being said, I still think he is best as a box to box player. Johnson himself has admitted that he still gets the urge to go forward but is told not to by Keogh and Pearce. Certainly an option to have though. I think the signing of De Sart will help everyone in midfield. 

Archived