Reasons to be fearful 1,2,3

sage

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would be very surprised if Albentosa and Bent don't play on Tuesday, I think Mac said with a view to Tuesday and "going with what he knew" for the second half so you could also take that he was saving the Spaniard for midweek and still deciding who plays with him.

I would go with

Grant

Christie

Forsyth

Albentosa

Buxton

Hughes

Bryson

Warnock

Martin

Bent

Ward

Not sure Steve will play Warnock or Bryson though, but that would be my preference for Blackburn, assuming Bryson is properly fit that is. In a way Russells injury probably forces our hand to play Bent and Martin together as don't think the remaining wingers are in good enough form to play both of them.

Would be very surprised if Albentosa and Bent don't play on Tuesday, I think Mac said with a view to Tuesday and "going with what he knew" for the second half so you could also take that he was saving the Spaniard for midweek and still deciding who plays with him.

I would go with

Grant

Christie

Forsyth

Albentosa

Buxton

Hughes

Bryson

Warnock

Martin

Bent

Ward

Not sure Steve will play Warnock or Bryson though, but that would be my preference for Blackburn, assuming Bryson is properly fit that is. In a way Russells injury probably forces our hand to play Bent and Martin together as don't think the remaining wingers are in good enough form to play both of them.

Your joking right

Whilst we have no Eustace or George and likes of Bryson, Hendrick, Christie, Keogh turn in bang average performances we cant rely on the tried and trusted 4-3-3.

Picking on form only we would have about 5 at most who are doing the buisness. So we need to try something different. It wouldnt do us any harm going for a std 442 with the added benefit of Bent and Martin forming something of a deadly double act.

Keoghs confidence looks shot and Christie is looking a liability. Bryson just hasnt turned up this season and Wardy is still getting match fit. Raul looks like he could be something special.

So whats gone wrong??????? Maybe we are expecting too much and the pressure from the fans is getting to the players. But then you look ag the last 6 matches and we have kept 5 clean sheets. Is that down to good defending or poor finishing????? Msybd a bit of both

In all honesty think we might struggle Tuesday whoever plays on the last couple of appearances, a lot of shaky individual performances and teams having plenty of chances too, thankfully Chesterfield didn't take them today but that was more down to them than us.

I beg to differ, I also think Steve will probably play Keogh but he doesn't look on top of his game to me, looked shaky in that new formation especially.

I don't see what's wrong with the way we played today .

I thought we did well.

I'd leave Hendrick and Mascarell in the team and I would play Keogh and Buxton.

Albentosa and Warnock will have to wait.

Much of today's game was dreadful. I know we experimented but certain players have lost the plot and with Russell now out for a few weeks, I see 3 problems ahead.

1 Several players seem out of sorts, not right mentally. 

2, We seem to be going through all sorts of changes in terms of players, formations etc, far more than you would have thought we needed to post Ipswich and we look unsettled

3. We seem to be trying to change our system to suit new players rather buying/loaning players to suit our existing system.

So desperate to find fault that points two and three are basically the same. Get a grip.

I don't see what's wrong with the way we played today .

I thought we did well.

I'd leave Hendrick and Mascarell in the team and I would play Keogh and Buxton.

Albentosa and Warnock will have to wait.

Of course I was and I thought we did ok for saying the manager was experimenting.

He said the game would be difficult and Chesterfield were trying their guts out.

We got outplayed by Chesterfield, Not outfought, Outplayed.

You are not frightened of Blackburn are you.

Blackburn don't scare me. Our last 3 halves of football scare me.

What will happem on tuesday

Granty

Christie

Keogh

Bucko

Forsyth

Macarelli

Hendrick

Hughes

Ward

Dawkins

Martin

An outside bet would be bent for dawkins but that would then mean bent would have to trackback which would defy logic.

So its either same as usual or an outside bet would be 4-1-3-2 with wardy, hughes and hendrick buzzing around the middle.

Of course, but they are still the same points.

1) we tried something different to see how players reacted. Nothing wrong with that IMO. Showed certain things and the Mac learnt a lot. We criticise as we have no alternative and we criticise when he tries something new.

2) the weakness for me seems his inability to drop Keogh and slot Albentosa in there. I thought he looked very good but needs to get used to his team mates. I'm not generally a huge Bucko fan but think he is the best option for the left side of defence.

3) Shotton should play at right back. Christie is badly out of form and scares me more on the ball than Keogh.

4) losing Johnny if he is out is a big blow. Best winger hands down.

But by and large, we can be JOINT TOP if we win Tuesday, so why all the complaining?

Up there we totally outplayed them the 3-2 was flattering to them but I doubt we will be reaching that kind of level, hope the players prove me wrong.

Not so much frightened of Blackburn but without a few key personnel I think we are struggling to reach the standards of where we attain to be, Russell missing is going to be a big loss as he has been one of our most consistent players lately.

Ward looks short of games and Dawkins low on confidence. Teams are still running through the midfield to create chances too easily and some players don't seem to be at the top of their game like last season or even earlier this season in the odd case.

Archived