Johnny Russell

Ramchope

I said Brayford was a good signing.. I said Buxton was a good signing.. And that's about it for Clough's era.

I'm probably missing a few, but then again they can't be that good if I'm struggling to think..

And I don't think I'm right.. Don't be insulting, we all know I'm right.

Give an honest answer...

5 players for less than 750k better than Russell, who you would say 'yeah good signing, will get us in the play-offs' I just don't think you can, because you do like to argue, and that is your whole existence on here. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nooo don't. I started arguing with Bris three years ago and came to to my senses last month to find I had lost my job, wife, kids and a kidney to a in a bet about the innate superiority if the Spanish race.

Days, weeks and months will merge into one as you desperately search for an ounce of humility in his posts. It's worse than The House of the Rising Sun for ruining previously sane posters.

Nooo don't. I started arguing with Bris three years ago and came to to my senses last month to find I had lost my job, wife, kids and a kidney to a in a bet about the innate superiority if the Spanish race.

Days, weeks and months will merge into one as you desperately search for an ounce of humility in his posts. It's worse than The House of the Rising Sun for ruining previously sane posters.

He won't answer, or at least won't answer with a conclusive list that will be agreeable on my the general masses.

I remember when he said our youngsters were no better than anyone else's in the division - so maybe there is about 6/7 Will Hughes/Jeff Hendrick type players playing in Barnsleys reserve side? who knows! 

He won't answer, or at least won't answer with a conclusive list that will be agreeable on my the general masses.

I remember when he said our youngsters were no better than anyone else's in the division - so maybe there is about 6/7 Will Hughes/Jeff Hendrick type players playing in Barnsleys reserve side? who knows! 

Now you're making things up.. When did I ever say that?

I think this signing will convince Brayford a bit more about our ambitions, and by the looks of matters this signing has put us on the map.

even with a quick look around championship forums...

Forest

• We need this player. He is the dog's b*******, another Joe Baker. Besides, it will piss Direby off no end.
  • he looks like a very good talent.
  • Decent signing if they get him.
  • i'd hope we are bidding on him, signing him would be a great capture.
  • Would be a decent signing for Derby if they get him. I hope we are in for him though
  • I would really hope we were in for him, he could be a cracking player for this level, definitely worth it for 750k! His pace would offer us something completely different, good in the air too.
  • Genuinely worried about this as I've seen him play a few times and he's the definition of quality.
  • Think he'll do well if they land him, and think they'll be far more formidable than most would expect next year too.
  • Cracking player, not sure why we dont go for him.
  • He is a very good striker. I don't particularly want him going there.
  • Derby are building a good team. 
    Hendrick, ward, Hughes, Brayford and Barker are all quality championship players.
  • It would be an exciting signing but he is still quite an unknown quantity

Leicester City

• Derby have had a bid accepted for Johnny Russell! we should make bid quickly!
  • i agree Johnny Russell is a quality player. Much better than that Chris Wood *****.
  • I wouldnt mind that Johnny Russell from dundee united. Derby scum are trying to get him, only cost about 1 mill. Scored 20 goals last season.
  • Johnny Russell from Dundee = YES FACKING PLEASE
  • Johnny russell is decent!
  • Would love to see johnny russell in a leicester shirt!
  • Johnny Russell will cost too much, Gary Mackay-Steven though is quality would love him at Leicester.

Celtic (loads and loads on here so just a few)

• Russel's the one I've seen more of and I've been shouting for us to sign him for a while.
  • Russell always plays well against us and the huns and has done for about 7/8 games in a row now. He was also the best player in the Scotland V Holland game they both played in.
    I think Russell is better than him and a more complete player and would have him out the two.

• Sorry but I have to disgree, Mackay-Stevens is a good SPL level player but he is a class below Russell

• Russell for £3m would be an amazing bit of business.

• Would love Russel.

• Same, I will be absolutley delighted the day he signs(if he does) not wanted a player to sign as much since James McCarthy. You can just tell he'll be brilliant for us plus hes the type of character like Broony, Ledley and Mulgrew who up the level of everyone else just by getting tore in and showing how its done not to mention he is a very intelligent and skilled player, I would say the most skilled out of all the Scottish strikers/forwards since McFadden.

•  if we don't take them now an EPL team will like they did with James McCarthy

• I think both of these lads would go absolutely orbital if they made the move to us. And I mean, good enough for Europe.

•  think both would do well here and actually improve us for Europe - which may surprise some

and so on and so forth... there is about 100/150 pages on celtic board about him and mackay-steven (they really, really wanted him) and have seen him play regularly so should be a good account (one line up had him replacing Commons  :lol: )

a quick look on any other forum, in this league - and it's a hot topic! fans wanted him at their club, desperately in some cases.

He might not be a massive success, and he could flop but on the face of it - we've signed one of the most sought after strikers available in this transfer window.

No-one and I mean not one person can honestly say this is a bad signing for us, or even average - this is an exciting signing (relatively) of course! 

Now you're making things up.. When did I ever say that?

Last year at some point, and you know full well you did! I remember the post, it was bashing how we play youngsters and how other championship teams have just as talented young players but don't play them because they have better players infront of them! 

Last year at some point, and you know full well you did! I remember the post, it was bashing how we play youngsters and how other championship teams have just as talented young players but don't play them because they have better players infront of them! 

Erm I didn't..

JOHNNY RUSSELL last night agreed terms with Derby — but might not join the Rams.

Dundee United yesterday confirmed they had accepted a bid from the Championship side for their striker. That was followed by Nigel Clough’s men meeting Russell’s personal package and the hitman will now interrupt his holiday for a tour around Pride Park on Monday.

But he WON’T be rushed into making a decision on whether it’s the right move.

The Arabs’ decision to sell could now see the likes of Celtic, Catania and other sides make offers for the 23-year-old.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4957212/Derby-Russ-in-for-deal.html#ixzz2VOCOhBDl

Archived