Johnny Russell

Ramchope

Fair point but if they allow permission to talk then the selling club lose the stronger hand as the player can then try to force a move if he has already agreed

I also think most clubs are also savy to our bidding style now starting low and adding

Haha, I don't think that's a style that Derby County invented...lol

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how Dundee Utd's chairman only said this a couple of days ago on BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22692223

"Johnny won't renew or extend his contract," said Thompson. "We've been told that by his agent. So it's a situation where we've got to look after and protect the club at the end of the day, which means that we should be selling him in the summer."

"There has been an English club who has made a bid. It's not quite what we'd like and others have spoken to us"

"We've decided to keep things private and not name clubs," explained Thompson.

Well the keeping things private policy certainly failed within hours unless the press are phone tapping again..... Dundee Utd's plan is clearly to create as much interest to maximise any potential sale (fair play) however the longer it drags on the bigger the media circus it becomes IMO

If I recall Rush told the press we were not going to be push overs anymore when it came to selling players (we await to see) but shouldn't this good policy apply to buying players ?? Make a take it or leave offer as there is plenty of time to identify others if they reject - let's test their nerve

If I recall Rush told the press we were not going to be push overs anymore when it came to selling players (we await to see) but shouldn't this good policy apply to buying players ?? Make a take it or leave offer as there is plenty of time to identify others if they reject - let's test their nerve

But...but...but... mob... pitchforks... wristslashers... clough out... another one missed...

I love how Dundee Utd's chairman only said this a couple of days ago on BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22692223

"Johnny won't renew or extend his contract," said Thompson. "We've been told that by his agent. So it's a situation where we've got to look after and protect the club at the end of the day, which means that we should be selling him in the summer."

"There has been an English club who has made a bid. It's not quite what we'd like and others have spoken to us"

"We've decided to keep things private and not name clubs," explained Thompson.

Well the keeping things private policy certainly failed within hours unless the press are phone tapping again..... Dundee Utd's plan is clearly to create as much interest to maximise any potential sale (fair play) however the longer it drags on the bigger the media circus it becomes IMO

Maybe that's why we are keeling the bid low? And officially denying any bids been made.

We know they want to sell, they know we know they want to sell. Its a matter of time. There's still 4 weeks until the transfer can happen officially anyway. Its squeeky bum month now.

Archived