Johnny Russell

Ramchope

I must admit I'm the same, when I'm buying a car or another expensive item, I always get the feeling I will find another better one 10 mins after I've just taken the plunge.

Billy Sharp is speaking to the Southampton manager this week about his future at the club.

Just saying.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee United have rejected a second Derby County bid for Johnny Russell.The Championship club offered less than £700000 for the striker according to United chairman Stephen Thompson.Last week the Tannadice club turned down a bid of around £625000 from Derby for the player, who is out of contract at the end of next season.Thompson also revealed another Championship outfit have spoken to them about the player, but no bid has yet been received from the club.However, Thompson has been open that he intends to sell Russell this summer to benefit the club.Italian side Catania have also had a bid for the 23-year-old, who has scored 20 times this season, rejected.Huddersfield Town and Sheffield United have also been unsuccessful in moves for the player, in August and January respectively.United have already lost one striker this summer, with long-serving captain Jon Daly joining Rangers.Meanwhile, full-back Barry Douglas has completed a move to Polish club Lech Poznan and midfielder Willo Flood is set to join Aberdeen when his contract expires this summer..However, manager Jackie McNamara has signed striker Brian Graham from Raith Rovers and Partick Thistle midfield duo Chris Erskine and Paul Paton will be at Tannadice next season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22740415

Haha. Play the waiting game. With Celtic supposedly not interested and this championship side only "spoken" just bide out time and wait it out. 100k is a free agents or Russells wages for the season coming out our budget

actually, I reckon if he does come over, he'll be on around 5k a week so that's 240k a year... So 700k isn't that much for a guy that was wanted by clubs for 2m last year.

actually, I reckon if he does come over, he'll be on around 5k a week so that's 240k a year... So 700k isn't that much for a guy that was wanted by clubs for 2m last year.

Still a large chunk of money to be wasted. Derby always start the bidding low. Think Jacobs, lots of interest in him but we didn't overstep the mark and eventually got him for a good price. You don't know whats happening behind the scenes. 

I emailed Appleby about progress on Russell and he's told me that we're making "real progress" with him..

Daily mirror believes weve bid 1.25m. If they've rejected that then they can bugger off.

I'd imagine the 650k is the up front part and the thing we're arguing over is more than likely the add ons.

To be fair the daily mirror is full of sh! T

Archived