Johnny Russell

Ramchope

I'm excited by both too... Just not sure they're "exciting" signings to the average Derby fan? (Assuming we're all a bit too obsessed)

To people who don't know about football outside the top 2 English divisions then signings such as Russell may not thrill. That's understandable. It's obvious the guys got talent and I think he'd be an excellent signing

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To people who don't know about football outside the top 2 English divisions then signings such as Russell may not thrill. That's understandable. It's obvious the guys got talent and I think he'd be an excellent signing

You say that in the same way most people say 'paedophiles'

I'm just saying that I think most people out there aren't as sad as we are to know so much about relatively obscure players... (And I specifically said WE there to include myself)

Are ANY of the strikers we talk about genuinely exciting? I've been swept up in a wave of hype from this forum about Russell so I'll be excited... But my dad won't know who the guy is... Does it count as exciting if you're talking about a guy who has had a single season as a striker in a very ordinary team in Scotland? He ain't exactly a household name...

The ones we've all heard about are outside of our price range.

The ones we've all heard about are outside of our price range.

I dunno... Picking up someone like Vaughn is probably more exciting from an outsiders POV... or some kid who's been released by Barca or something similar...

Not saying it's likely or anything... Just saying there's a difference for me between a good signing and an exciting signing...

So an unproven player from Scotland is our top target?

Quite funny considering all Sam Rush mentioned at the forums was us bringing experienced players at this level to the club ;)

That was the aim but when a player of Johnny Russell's ability pops up for 750k, you have to go in for him.

Archived