Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the quote 'not quite what we wanted' which indicates it wasn't too far away though!

If he is our first choice, and genuinely wants to come - I would move quickly before another team takes the initiative... it sounds like he is available at a decent price, and I'm sure there are other championship clubs who can offer a similar sort of package, we need to wow him quickly!  

I like the quote 'not quite what we wanted' which indicates it wasn't too far away though!

If he is our first choice, and genuinely wants to come - I would move quickly before another team takes the initiative... it sounds like he is available at a decent price, and I'm sure there are other championship clubs who can offer a similar sort of package, we need to wow him quickly!

show him will Hughes!

If he is our first choice, and genuinely wants to come - I would move quickly before another team takes the initiative... it sounds like he is available at a decent price, and I'm sure there are other championship clubs who can offer a similar sort of package, we need to wow him quickly!

Tell him we are closer to the equator than Dundee.

Dundee United have turned down a bid from Derby County for Johnny Russell, STV understands.The Championship side made an undisclosed offer for the 23-year-old attacker, who is out of contract at Tannadice next summer.Russell, who scored 20 goals in 38 appearances this season, has turned down a new contract and United say his agent has informed them he won’t extend his stay on Tayside.Russell missed a large part of the season after breaking his leg against Inverness CT.Italian side Catania have had two bids rejected for the forward who has expressed an interest in playing abroad.United chairman Stephen Thompson told STV: “We are in no rush to sell anybody unless their contract is running out. Then we have to consider if we keep them for a year or sell them.“We’ve got one example of that just now with a player. We want to keep as much of this team together for as long as possible.”

http://m.stv.tv/sport/football/227153-dundee-united-reject-bid-from-derby-county-for-johnny-russell/

Archived