Johnny Russell

Ramchope

He is obviously ours! No one will bid a day before the player has his medical at another club. If they were interested, they would of bid straight away.

Not Worried at all now! I am sleeping easy tonight!

Finally. Took you long enough to find some common sense!

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that they are a woeful scotland side gives me the impression the manager isn't very good at his job, hence he's not in the squad.

Having a quick look I don't even think he's been called up?

And Scotland have had 3 different managers in the past few years

Leigh Griffiths, Tony Watt, David Goodwillie (whose only scored 2 goals since his move to Blackburn) and even Chris Maguire have managed call ups during that time..

I'm seriously worried that this board has gone well over the top with this signing and fear everyone could look stupid if he doesn't turn out any better than the last striking flops that have looked good in the SPL..

Should Bryson be considered woeful as well then?

Bryson has made the Scotland squad and has won a cap..

And to be fair to Bryson, he's competing with far better players as Scotland's better players are midfielders.. Snodgrass, McArthur, Morrison, Maloney, Brown, Charlie Adam, Commons etc.. All play midfield roles..

Leigh Griffiths, Tony Watt, David Goodwillie (whose only scored 2 goals since his move to Blackburn) and even Chris Maguire have managed call ups during that time..

I'm seriously worried that this board has gone well over the top with this signing and fear everyone could look stupid if he doesn't turn out any better than the last striking flops that have looked good in the SPL..

To be fair, he has only played professional football for 3 seasons and looked to be getting a call up under Stract until he broke his leg. Plus Craig Levein is a ***** manager. 

Bryson has made the Scotland squad and has won a cap..

And to be fair to Bryson, he's competing with far better players as Scotland's better players are midfielders.. Snodgrass, McArthur, Morrison, Maloney, Brown, Charlie Adam, Commons etc.. All play midfield roles..

It's okay saying that, but he hasn't even been called up to their squad, have you seen the players ahead of Bryson?

Bannan who has had a shocking season, Jack Adam who I've never heard of and a few more I've never heard of. (Yes, they are midfielders.)

Does that make Bryson bad?

It's okay saying that, but he hasn't even been called up to their squad, have you seen the players ahead of Bryson?

Bannan who has had a shocking season, Jack Adam who I've never heard of and a few more I've never heard of. (Yes, they are midfielders.)

No..

But Bryson isn't a particularly good footballer in fairness.. He's a hardworker that possesses limited ability.. He's not cut out for international footballer as he wouldn't offer anything..

As for Russell.. I'll wait and see before I make any judgements.. The amount of posts here saying how excited they are and how he's a good player etc.. have probably never seen him play and just look at a few stats like 'Pacy and scored a few goals' but the same can be said for Theo.. His goals per minute ratio is good for NPC football yet everyone slates him on here..

I'm not going to say anything other than I really won't be suprised if he turns out to be a bag of crock.. Actually, I'll be pleasantly surpised if he turns out to be anything better than an average NPC striker.

Jack Adam? Do you mean Charlie Adam?

I can probably go some way to explain why he hasn't had a call-up. Before this season, he was used primarily as a winger and, as you've said in a later post, Scotland have quite a few decent midfielders. Snodgrass and Mackay-Stevens will be holding down those places for a while now. This past season was his first as an out and out striker and, just as it looked like he'd get his first call-up, he broke his leg.

I hope his leg has been set back straight, or we'll have 2 Conor Sammons up front.

Is that like Two Andy Gorams?

Archived