Johnny Russell

Ramchope

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No he doesn't stand to be publicly humiliated. The club haven't even announced that we've bid for him. They've kept quite, its the fans and media that are bigging it up. Also, like RamNut said, we didn't have a deal in place for Baptiste, he was just one of our preferred targets, and a target that the club openly admitted would be difficult.

They did tell the DET we had a bid accepted

So far

1. a bid seems to have been accepted

2. DCFC and the agent have provisionally agreed terms

3. A visit is booked for monday that may include a medical.

4. At no point has the player been quoted as saying yes to Derby

Until he signs the contract he is as much a Celtic player as a Derby player, and he could end up almost anywhere.  This reminds me of the Kenywin Jones saga.

So far

Until he signs the contract he is as much a Celtic player as a Derby player, and he could end up almost anywhere.  This reminds me of the Kenywin Jones saga.

Does he even need to say "I want to go to Derby"?

He's agreed personal terms and is set for a medical on Monday, but I guess that means he don't want to come?  :lol:

So far

At least Kenwyne Jones was a Derby player. Wasn't he?

no?

I was told otherwise by our lovely press/ board/ manager.

Does he even need to say "I want to go to Derby"?

He's agreed personal terms and is set for a medical on Monday, but I guess that means he don't want to come?  :lol:

Didn't say he did not want to come.  Nothing has been signed so anything can happen.

Dunno about everyone else but I'm s******g myself .I want him to sign soon as possible but I've got a bad feeling something is gonna happen .

derby can't do anymore, we've offered the right amount of money and I'm sure a contracts on the table. As you would do if you was in Russell's position, he's weighing up his options. In the sun of Tenerife of course...

Haven't seen this posted yet:

Premier League new-boys Crystal Palace are close to clinching a £2.6m move for Vitoria Guimaraes striker Amido Balde, 22, after the player snubbed Scottish Premier League champions Celtic.

From BBC

Yeah I don't think Palace are the threat here. They aren't really in a position to gamble their Prem hopes on a £700k unproven striker. Celtic know he can perform at SPL level and we have strong suspicions/hopes that he will perform at CCC level.

How would you feel as a Palace fan if, going into the Prem, your summer striker signing was £700k from Dundee Utd???

Aye, saw it mentioned in the thread somewhere that Celtic were getting this Balde fella so there would be no way they wanted Russell aswell... I can't see it happening myself but I also wouldnt be suprised if they made a bid :(

Archived