Are we going to sign anyone else or is this it?

DerbyRam!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would like to see a industrial central midfielder come in, another centre half(on loan) and perhaps another striker (if I'm being greedy)

plenty of options, I think our weakness at the minute is defintiely having that soft touch midfield and if we can address that I will be able to breath a very heavy sign of relief.

I am hoping Keogh will improve - I know he isn't a dud signing, but I can't help but think he has been very questionable early on but 4 POTY awards to his name shows he can and probably will be a key signing for us.

I really, really... REALLY would of liked to of seen us sign Keith Southern from Blackpool, for the past 3 seasons he has sat back and been an integral part in what is a really attacking blackpool side, and he did it really well.

I think he would of been perfect - for 300k as well.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dry' class='bbc_emoticon' alt='<_<' />

Depends who goes out.

If Bails goes, then I think we may get someone in.

If not, then I doubt it. I do think we need an experience midfielder though, someone to come on if we're winning and there's 10-20 minutes to go and sit in front of the back 4.

it's like you took the words straight out of my mouth... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> in all honesty, it's hard to think of a stand out player - could go for an experienced centre mid who has played in the premiership but thinking about it... Bowyer, Savage, Greening...etc and more have all dropped a level and it's not be good for us.

As I said, think we missed a trick with Southern that would of been ideal, perhaps Wellens... or is he still going strong at Fester?

Depends who goes out.

If Bails goes, then I think we may get someone in.

If not, then I doubt it. I do think we need an experience midfielder though, someone to come on if we're winning and there's 10-20 minutes to go and sit in front of the back 4.

How about us playing in the opponents half for the last twenty minute's instead, that may be as good, and save a bob or two

it's like you took the words straight out of my mouth... 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rolleyes' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':rolleyes:' /> in all honesty, it's hard to think of a stand out player - could go for an experienced centre mid who has played in the premiership but thinking about it... Bowyer, Savage, Greening...etc and more have all dropped a level and it's not be good for us.

As I said, think we missed a trick with Southern that would of been ideal, perhaps Wellens... or is he still going strong at Fester?

Wellens would be good, don't know if he's playing for them still or not.

I would like someone like Shaun Derry.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> He's been there and done that. imo would be perfect for us.

Wellens would be good, don't know if he's playing for them still or not.

I would like someone like Shaun Derry.. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/ph34r' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':ph34r:' /> He's been there and done that. imo would be perfect for us.

not a bad shout, hardly a dream team pick but he would fill that void, but smithy also has a point - but last few games when the clock strikes 75 we seem to drain in confidence and we make our own problems - perhaps some of it is Clough but the majority is with the players!

Anyway on what i've seen so far...

Jacobs - great delivery of a ball, good feet and generally a good player, from what I saw in the first game perhaps needs to dig in more for the team but quality wise can't fault him.

Sammon - hoped he was what we needed, and looks like he will be too - a player with a bit of strength, will put himself about and bring others into play.

Freeman - highly rated, think he will break into the team sooner rather than later... just a hunch.

O'Connor - came on against Wednesday and seemed a bit of a passenger, heard he did well last night - the second goal wasn't a highlight for him from what ive seen.

Keogh - I think he'll turn out to be a key signing - needs to improve ASAP.

Gjokaj - Started off looking like a unbeatable tower of swiss excellence - heard he has gone downhill since then, but still expect him to be another one who perhaps gets his foot in the door sooner or later.

Coutts - a great signing by all accounts, he has the ability at the top of this level and he cost us barely nothing... thank you PNE.

Hoganson - not seen much of him, came on against Sunderland and put in an unreal cross, out of all the signings expecting a little less from him but hopes he proves me wrong.

If we're going to sign an industrious midfielder what team/formation would you pick?

I would still start Hendrick and Bryson but they need to improve, I was thinking for them last few minutes - Man City did it last season with De Jong.

I think for me at the minute I am looking for vast improvement in 4 key players - Keogh, Brayford, Hendrick and Bryson... the rest seem to be doing alright and playing well, these 4 need to step it up but these are 4 very good players so I am not worried, just hope they buck their ideas up soon.

Bryson and Hendrick need to become more disciplined and force full on the pitch, you can sometimes go 10-15 minutes without noticing them, they're very good at keeping the game moving but they need to put their tackles in a bit more... also discipline is a problem a few times they both got caught forward and has allowed them to run at us.

I'd like to see some big bugger for central midfield, to boss it!! someone in the Addison mould, but with a little more pace?

Someone with a little bit more ability, agility and range of passing. Addison was good at what he did but his 5 yard pass limitations was always a burden for whoever played next to him

Archived