Are we going to sign anyone else or is this it?

DerbyRam!

If we're going to sign an industrious midfielder what team/formation would you pick?

Well not sure on the second point

But i agree with the majority that shaun derry would be an excellent signing for derby and just what we need to solidify the defence in the last few minutes

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really just man mark Hughes and all an Addison type player would do is lump it forward to their goalkeeper

I wouldn't say that's the case, there's still 9 other players around them to use. Im not asking for that all game, but, as Nigel likes to do, we need to see a game out, a big burley cdm along the likes of obi mikkel (I understand we can't go looking for a player of his quality) would be perfect to sit in the hole and protect the back four. I don't like the current system of bringing in another defender in the last ten minutes to invite pressure onto us. Having a big cdm would alleviate this problem a little bit as it would allow another cm to be able to create a bit more without the pressure of having to protect the back 4 ( or 5 or 6). What do you think?

Koumas would be ideal in my opinion that would be the team sorted he is training with Wednesday at the moment

Koumas couldn't be any less ideal!

In the same mould as pretty much every other of our midfielders - don't think he makes many tackles and greatest asset was running at players, although nowadays it seems like he is league one standard at best!

Given that we now have more industry going forward in the wide areas, then about the only way we can improve is to have a good experienced midfield sitter. In the DeJong/derry mode which has been mentioned.

Or over the next couple of years if hendrick coudl develop into a midfield bosser, that might make the difference.

i would love a Steve Sidwell / Phil jagielka / Pratley of Swansea in their championship hayday, when they could basically do it all in central midfield and boss the opposition no matter what type of match it was.

Archived