Exam results

Shake n Bake

Well done buddy, taken the first free opportunity the state gives you to show the world what you're about. Don't let anyone tell you GCSEs are nothing, and an A* is really something to be proud of.

Eat yer greens, go to Sixth Form and support the Rams.

i will do all three!!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall grades have fallen, big hu ha on the news about it.

For years people have been saying the papers were getting easier. Have they eckers like. Has anyone seen past test papers on t'internet? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

They're far harder now than what they were in the 80's when I did them.

For years people have been saying the papers were getting easier. Have they eckers like. Has anyone seen past test papers on t'internet? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons//blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

So you what you're saying is these kids are fibbing about their grades on here, I was thinking the same tbh

Were you a Grade A student Daveo?

(I don't know why they changed it to a *, it used to be an A+ or - in my day. (not that I got any A's anyway mind. As if).

I was a grade A student but they give me some other letter instead for some reason, on the way out the door I'm sure one of the teachers shouted "good luck getting a job dumbass" wasn't very nice of him I thought

For years people have been saying the papers were getting easier. Have they eckers like. Has anyone seen past test papers on t'internet? 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/blink' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':blink:' />

Papers are harder but there's an inflation of grades. Straight As used to be Oxbridge material, but now that's what the red bricks want...

Papers are harder but there's an inflation of grades. Straight As used to be Oxbridge material, but now that's what the red bricks want...

Is that about grade inflation or is because there's more people applying. (more kids wanting to go to Uni means more people doing a-levels and more people getting high grades)

I went to Nottingham University in 1996 and needed 2 A's and a B.

Birmingham offered me and my mate different requirements following interview.

It's not just academic achievements universities look at.

My GCSE's were average.. My AS level results more or less the same, and my A level results worse..

It's great if you want to do go University.. But you don't need to go to Uni to get a decent job.. IMO social skills and practical skills are far more important than any grade written down on a piece of paper..

I worked for the biggest furniture installation company in North America and was trusted to furnish banks, lawyer offices, hotels and EA Sports center despite getting only a C in technology..

I teach English and teach the Government, doctors and Chemists despite only getting a C in English.

I have my own shop despite getting only a C in business...

And I speak another language fluently despite only getting a D in languages.

If I go for a job and people only judge me by a few grades on a piece of paper they'd potentially miss out on someone far more capable than some whizz kid in high school..

Don't get too hung up on exam results, yes they're important, but not the be all and end all, I know people that left school with nowt, not even a cse...that have started at the bottom in the public and private sectors, worked hard, undertaken vocational training and are now in very senior positions. Determination and ability will always shine through, just work hard, have a focus and you'll get there 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrin' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':D' />

Archived