Are we still a mid table team or better or worse

Curtains

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As in the stuff you see week in week out will resemble a log that Non league has laid out.

Seem like your new players have gelled then?

Yeah our defence's boots have gelled to the floor, fookin clueless, can we have Halford please.

Weirdly enough, the defence looked fine to me - the goals were careless/sloppy rather than bad defending. Giving the ball away in dangerous areas and switching off at set pieces being the main culprits. Plus Naylor really struggled at left back when he came on, which didn't help. I said in the Sunderland match thread that we are going to concede goals by trying to play our way out from the back, but I think it's going to be worth it as we kept possession far far better than we did at any point last season and we played some lovely football for large periods of the game.

We looked a hell of a lot better than we ever did last season last night, particularly in midfield - injuries and fitness will be our downfall and hopefully we won't have to see Naylor at left back.

Overall, I know it's one performance but as a footballing side, 100x better than last season - looking forward to this season!

im not sure about sammon. alright he played well for kilmarnock but apart from celtic and hearts, the spl is about league one standard. he then moved to the prem and scored one goal.

Scoring a lot of goals in a spl team that isn't rangers or Celtic is impressive normally they get signed anyway that why we're interested and teams have been interested in other players in the spl.

I'd like to say that for the first time in a long time we have a midfield that has bundles of creativity and energy, all 4 who started last night played very well and we have two very good crossers of the ball in Jacobs and Coutts. Hughes quality on the ball astounds me for such a young player and Bryson breaks up the play nicely and does the 'dirty work' so to speak.

However, where we are lacking is the natural goalscorer. Robinson has the arrogance to put on his twitter a rather silly meme, that makes him look rather unprofessional in my opinion, and if he took half his chances last night he would of scored at least 2 if not 3 no question. So if we buy someone who can score goals (Sammon supposeldly although I've never seen him play) we could push for top 6. I would partner him with Ward tbh, because I think Wards a bit more naturally gifted then either Tyson or Robinson.

Said this last night - Theo Robinson gets them opportunities, he misses so many if he could finish he wouldn't be playing for Derby County, he'd be at Real Madrid on 400k a week... in all seriousness though, if he had more about him he would of scored 9 last night (from what I counted) but we all know he isn't the most naturally gifted footballer, however, he did score 1... and he will keep scoring goals because he has something that is very rare in players that aren't world class and that is 'right place, right time' syndrome...

Archived