Overpriced wolves

i84est

Can't believe some of the ridiculously high bids for average players they are getting and rejecting for a team that got relegated there players seem to have increased in value. ssn Reckon they've turned down 9 mill for Jarvis 12 mil for fletcher then there's Doyle attracting interest they bought Jonson in on high fee to and de vries is attracting Liverpool attention and IMO one of worst keepers in division

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's a good player, a player you should be going for if you've just been promoted and want to stay in the division he's good enough to play in the premiership, he scored 12 goals last season in an awful team, so in a good team he should easily manage over 15.

I think he's a good player, a player you should be going for if you've just been promoted and want to stay in the division he's good enough to play in the premiership, he scored 12 goals last season in an awful team, so in a good team he should easily manage over 15.

But not for £12m!!

Look at some of the foreign players knocking about. Or better players like Defoe. Or gambles like Rhodes, Rodriguez, Austin, Maynard. You could buy two or three of those.

Yakubu would be cheaper!

Players like Milito, Di Natale, Pato, Lisandro Lopez..... would they be worth putting £10m on for if the answer is Fletcher.

I agree he's good btw. But he can't demand a fee like that when you have Eden Hazard and Falcao and Hulk and Cavani and Huntelaar linked with moves and such for £10m more or sometimes under.

Well, it doesn't seem right to me. Maybe I under value the quality outside the top 5 PL teams.

There's two players from Turkey and Germany who are relatively low profile who scored 32 times each.

I'd take my chances or bit the bullet. Fletcher can't be £12m any more than Allen who is being so overhyped because he can pass and be British at the same time.

Maybe I just don't give 6th and below enough credit. I actually think you could replace say Villa, Sunderland, Stoke with say Cardiff and not really see a drop in quality. Any consistently good Champ side.

I

It's a load of crap.

Borini has gone there from Italy (played in their promotion season),

Joe Allen is a cert to go there (unless he has already gone today) fee agreed at £15 mill, and he is after Ashley Williams & Neil Taylor, which could mean another 20-25 million for them.

And don't forget, they paid 5 million for Rodgers and Colin Pascoe.

But not for £12m!!

Look at some of the foreign players knocking about. Or better players like Defoe. Or gambles like Rhodes, Rodriguez, Austin, Maynard. You could buy two or three of those.

Yakubu would be cheaper!

Players like Milito, Di Natale, Pato, Lisandro Lopez..... would they be worth putting £10m on for if the answer is Fletcher.

I agree he's good btw. But he can't demand a fee like that when you have Eden Hazard and Falcao and Hulk and Cavani and Huntelaar linked with moves and such for £10m more or sometimes under.

Well, it doesn't seem right to me. Maybe I under value the quality outside the top 5 PL teams.

There's two players from Turkey and Germany who are relatively low profile who scored 32 times each.

I'd take my chances or bit the bullet. Fletcher can't be £12m any more than Allen who is being so overhyped because he can pass and be British at the same time.

Maybe I just don't give 6th and below enough credit. I actually think you could replace say Villa, Sunderland, Stoke with say Cardiff and not really see a drop in quality. Any consistently good Champ side.

I

You'll always pay more for British players, he's very good in the air, and takes his chances very well. You look at someone like him or Bentdner and it's a no brainer.

And there is no way you'd get Hazard, Hill or Falcao for £22 million, you'll certainly pay a lot more than 'just' £10 million, when they could go and get another able premiership player for that.

at the price of some players these days i would rate steven fletcher at about 8 million. he's a good goalscorer and dont forget that he was injured last season as well. in the championship the should do fine for goals in doyle (who was prolific in the championship for reading) and ebanks blake (who is a quality championship striker)

at the price of some players these days i would rate steven fletcher at about 8 million. he's a good goalscorer and dont forget that he was injured last season as well. in the championship the should do fine for goals in doyle (who was prolific in the championship for reading) and ebanks blake (who is a quality championship striker)
he is Scottish (in fact English and for some strange reason CHOSE to play for Scotland which is worse), therefor he is crap, therefor his value is nothing. Thread closed. Lol

But not for £12m!!

Yakubu would be cheaper!

I

Most of them though there wages would be sky high, so the total cost of the players is more.

kris commons was english but played for scotland...

Paul Green's English and plays for Ireland

Camp is English and plays for NI

They're never going to get into England's football team, so might as well play for a team where they're more likely to get played

There really should be a sarcastic button on here

Archived