Chesterfield v Derby County

uttoxram75

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"**** off to Ipswich".

GREATEST FANS EVER

Seemed to be few barmy army lads along with the new drummer... What's the crack?!

It's a pre-season friendly with a team of trialists, kids and the odd bit player.. Why do people take these games seriously?

Some of the comments made throughout that game were so embarrassing and I don't want people like that connected to my club. Get a grip on life.

They'll no doubt be chanting his name if he stays and scores goals.

I didn't think we were as fickle as those lot down the a52.. Today didn't help with that assessment.

As for the game.. pretty lame bar Jeff and Ward. Chesterfield had more ball, more chances and more composure. That was always going to be the case though with the squad we took today.

My take:

Lego - 8. One flappy punch at a ball was his only error today. Made some cracking saves and it wouldn't have been a cricket score otherwise. Well played.

Naylor - 6. Covered at right back in the first and left back at the second. Definately wasn't comfortable playing with lesser players around him.

Gjokaj - 5. Really disappointed and if I was Nige i'd hold the horses on a contract.. Need to see more of him. His positioning was shocking, Jack Lester isn't the most mobile and struggled to stay with him. He looke good at Burton and Mansfield but had a shocker today.

Laylan (I think?) - 5. Nervous and didn't help with his partners performance. Looked good in the tackle, eagerness caught him out a tad though. Needs to be more patient.

Hoganson - 6. Steady. Went off with a niggle.

Bavies - 6. Didn't really do anything, few pretty passes but lacked anything else. Filled in at right back for the second half.

Bailey - 5. Poor. I really want him to do well but he's not done his chaned any favours today. Nige had to come down from the stands to get him to come off. Hmmmm.

Doyle - 6. Good and bad. Needs to buck his ideas up if he wants to challenge people for a starting place.

Ward - 7. Our only attacking outlet. Had to come deep, defensive midfield deep, to recieve the ball. Few good runs, created Savies goal.

Berrera - 5. No thanks. Dillydallies on the ball to much, to small, backs out of challenges. He won't get a contract.

Riski (?) - 5. Looked sharp but tried too hard. We didn't get him involved enough though.

Subs:

Savies - 6. Obviously lacking match fitness which lead to a few stray passes, bad touches etc which brought on the "**** off to Ipswich" chants. Still knows where the net is though.

Bennett - 5. Trying too hard again. Nothing came off for him

Richards - 5. Same as above but looked nervous.

Can't judge anything today as it was mainly what I imagine will be our Under 21 side for next year.

They'll no doubt be chanting his name if he stays and scores goals.

I didn't think we were as fickle as those lot down the a52.. Today didn't help with that assessment.

As for the game.. pretty lame bar Jeff and Ward. Chesterfield had more ball, more chances and more composure. That was always going to be the case though with the squad we took today.

My take:

Lego - 8. One flappy punch at a ball was his only error today. Made some cracking saves and it wouldn't have been a cricket score otherwise. Well played.

Naylor - 6. Covered at right back in the first and left back at the second. Definately wasn't comfortable playing with lesser players around him.

Gjokaj - 5. Really disappointed and if I was Nige i'd hold the horses on a contract.. Need to see more of him. His positioning was shocking, Jack Lester isn't the most mobile and struggled to stay with him. He looke good at Burton and Mansfield but had a shocker today.

Laylan (I think?) - 5. Nervous and didn't help with his partners performance. Looked good in the tackle, eagerness caught him out a tad though. Needs to be more patient.

Hoganson - 6. Steady. Went off with a niggle.

Bavies - 6. Didn't really do anything, few pretty passes but lacked anything else. Filled in at right back for the second half.

Bailey - 5. Poor. I really want him to do well but he's not done his chaned any favours today. Nige had to come down from the stands to get him to come off. Hmmmm.

Doyle - 6. Good and bad. Needs to buck his ideas up if he wants to challenge people for a starting place.

Ward - 7. Our only attacking outlet. Had to come deep, defensive midfield deep, to recieve the ball. Few good runs, created Savies goal.

Berrera - 5. No thanks. Dillydallies on the ball to much, to small, backs out of challenges. He won't get a contract.

Riski (?) - 5. Looked sharp but tried too hard. We didn't get him involved enough though.

Subs:

Savies - 6. Obviously lacking match fitness which lead to a few stray passes, bad touches etc which brought on the "**** off to Ipswich" chants. Still knows where the net is though.

Bennett - 5. Trying too hard again. Nothing came off for him

Richards - 5. Same as above but looked nervous.

Can't judge anything today as it was mainly what I imagine will be our Under 21 side for next year.

some were trying too hard and others not getting stuck in enough..? cant imagine too many folks would be putting their foot in when they are on trial. is this barrera guy **** or do you think he could adjust to the english way if he had a year in the reserves with cloughie telling him to "stop controlling it with the outside of yer foot". do you think any of these trailists are goodenough for our yoof team is my question i suppose?

Pretty much agree with Mr Tibbs' assessment. Legzdins kept us from an embarassing score with some good saves, Ward was our only creative outlet and seemed to be trying to carry the whole team on his own at times. the rest were at best average, all 5's at most. None of the trialists looked worth keeping to me. Chesterfield must have used enough substitutes to constitute 2 full teams so didnt have a first 11 on the field all the time yet they bossed the last half hour and I thought it raised some serious questions about the depth of our squad.

Also agree with the point about our fans and some of the chants about steve davies werent necessary. If the barmy army or whoever need to use a drummer for the entire match, at least find one that can keep time and rhythm and not one that sounds like Les Dawson playing the piano.

So Savies is a potential hate figure because he wants to leave.

Some people need to grow up and get real. Was he born in Derby? Has he ever claimed to be a Derby fan? Did he ask to leave in a bad manner or when we are in a crisis?

How dare he leave Derby!! We belong in the PL and are the best fans in England.

Get. A. Grip.

I can't believe people had ago at Steve Davies, honestly bemused he has been to every derby pre season game this summer, trained and done everything and more asked. He clearly wants to leave for a personal reason outside of football, why do we need ***** to let this club down? Not big or clever and I hope a few of the ***** got slapped by other Derby fans... Have ago at Forest for their billy Davies comments last night and do this - absolute mind knumbing daft ********

some were trying too hard and others not getting stuck in enough..? cant imagine too many folks would be putting their foot in when they are on trial. is this barrera guy **** or do you think he could adjust to the english way if he had a year in the reserves with cloughie telling him to "stop controlling it with the outside of yer foot". do you think any of these trailists are goodenough for our yoof team is my question i suppose?

What I mean by trying too hard is over doing things. Can't blame them as they're there to impress. Mason and Riski were the main culprits for this as I feel they were left with little options upfront other than simple 3-4 yard passes. They should have just played the simple passes, lost the ball too much.

Barrera is only a little chap and I'm not expecting him to start crunching people in tackles but he neshed out of far too many challenges for me. It's only preseason and we've got to be careful but at least leave your foot in for a challenge.

My take on today's trialists:

Berrera - Played in a few positions today and didnt fit in anywhere. He does look like an attacking midfielder as described but I struggled to see any outstanding attributes. Didn't seem to have much pace, never took on a man but always made himself available. Looks tidy, neat touches here and there but nothing better than good. As I've said above he's not one for tackling, lost the ball abit too easy for me. Reminded me of an off form Bueno. His height, or lack of, doesn't help either. How old is he?

Gjokaj - After seeing him perform really well at both Mansfield and Burton I was surprised to see him play poor today. Whether it was because there were no experienced players around him I'm not sure. One thing I have noticed is Keogh is constantly talking to him, telling him to pushup/drop back etc and today he didn't get any of that from Jeff Hendrick and Lelan. Chesterfields strikers were pretty busy but nothing that he should struggle with, Jack Lester ran him ragged before he eventually got replaced. I want to see more of him. I can't see no harm in giving him a year and play him in this under 21 league. I've seen enough from him to make me believe he's good enough, it's just today was the total opposite.

Riski - Didn't have any service to feed off. He looks the kind of player who hangs on the shoulder of the last defender waiting for through balls, he didn't get any of that it's safe to say. He did look lively, some good touches and a few ok efforts.isolated throughout the game though.

If I was Clough, sack Berrera off, give Gjokaj a short deal and have a look at Riski again in training/behind closed doors.

re "the hardcore fans" you can't rid the world of nobheads..... they are everywhere.... just easier to spot in a crowd. but they set your taxes, pick your bins up, teach your children, stitch your arm together, scratch your car door, have a jubilee, kick your head in..ect.... everywhere.all types...indescriminate really.............

must be wierd for steve davies though..... funny really, rather than hurtful.. imagine grown men collecting together, seperating from a group of people..... that collectively came to see you play football..... then they start shouting stuff, about what you should do....with your life and that. pitiful really. but its not a derby county issue...or forest or whoever. .......pin the tail on the world map... you'll find a w*nker before you find a friend. be reet tho wunt it... dunt matter does it... be reet ahhhh

I've only watched the first off and I've heard the second is worse.

I must say that display from Tom Naylor was woeful. Especially after he'd done more than ok at left back he goes to right back and has a stinker like that. He was absolutely shocking, I guess he;s done enough to earn a stinker like that and I'm just glad it happened pre-season..

Bailey was so poor he got tackled by the ref and didn't take care of the ball at all. I can only guess that he's totally given up on trying to force NC to change his mind. Maybe some of that is down to NC as well but for goodness sakes James go out with your head held high.

I'd be surprised if Barrera is around after the matlock game. He kicked off and gave the ball away and then didn't really get much better after that.

The coaching staff must be going mental when they see a performance like that. Even if these lads are mainly back up to first team they've got to be able to trust them to step up if and when needed. The second string couldnt string two passes together.

The young lad Riski might be worth another look but he was careless as well and gave the ball away with a fancy backheel 5 seconds before hendrick got injured and he got injured challenging for the ball we gave away. The whole half was just a bit careless.

Of course it's only a friendly and its a mixed and disjointed side but you'd still expect the likes of Doyle, Naylor, Bavies, Bailey to be strong enough to compete against Chesterfield.

Archived