Number 9 - Nathan "God" Tyson

Ambitious

So out of interest, what would you label Maguire as ?

Im sure the violins are going in the background for poor Tyson and his hard life, and you can dress it up as much as you like, but he didnt perform last season, there are also people on forums that dont have DCFC blinkers on and can see when a player has not been an attribute to the team, they hope he will come good but it still dosen't detract that last season he played poorly.

There's a difference between "playing poorly" and not doing the job you were brought in to do.

Noone would disagree that Tyson didn't impress last season, but in no way did he "play poorly". I'd argue that, for a player with a history of injuries, coming off the back of a six-month long groin issue, he played pretty damn well when given the chance. Do I wish he'd scored more goals? Absolutely. Should he have scored more goals (or any)? You're spot-on he should have.

But his general all-round play, particularly when on the left-wing, was not poor. He was average in some but as the season wore on he seemed to get that bit of confidence and pace back. He made the lives of full-backs a nightmare and, for a good part of the latter stages of the season, looked like our most creative outlet (Ward's injury probably helped with that).

It's not "wearing blinkers" to argue that Tyson played well several times last season. He should have done more in his first season, but he wasn't exactly terrible.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

good shout pudding jack. players cabable of scoring at least 10 are: tyson, robinson, savies???

players to chip in: Ward, Bennet, Jacobs, Coutts, Hendrick, bavies,

here.. if ward is upfront he should be knocking in 10 or more really, otherwise stick him back on the wing... he started alright up there last year and got unlucky a few times i remember. but the same kind of chances that bounce in of theos whatever...heel...knee...back. i reckon ward will be abit dissapointed with his goal tally...ben davies migt want to score more n'all.... but he hand alot of assits so0o0o0o.... he's of the hook. be interested to see how jacobs and coutts will contribute.. cant really see hendrick and bryson getting anymore or less than they did last year.

There's a difference between "playing poorly" and not doing the job you were brought in to do.

Noone would disagree that Tyson didn't impress last season, but in no way did he "play poorly". I'd argue that, for a player with a history of injuries, coming off the back of a six-month long groin issue, he played pretty damn well when given the chance. Do I wish he'd scored more goals? Absolutely. Should he have scored more goals (or any)? You're spot-on he should have.

But his general all-round play, particularly when on the left-wing, was not poor. He was average in some but as the season wore on he seemed to get that bit of confidence and pace back. He made the lives of full-backs a nightmare and, for a good part of the latter stages of the season, looked like our most creative outlet (Ward's injury probably helped with that).

It's not "wearing blinkers" to argue that Tyson played well several times last season. He should have done more in his first season, but he wasn't exactly terrible.

Well I can only presume we must have different standards, if playing well several times constitutes a good season in your view then fair enough, I though can't remember many times that I thought Tyson made a game changing contribution.

I would also wonder if that's a good season, you are therefore saying we have seen the best of Tyson, I would disagree and say that he has a lot more to offer than what we saw last season.

Well I can only presume we must have different standards, if playing well several times constitutes a good season in your view then fair enough, I though can't remember many times that I thought Tyson made a game changing contribution.

I would also wonder if that's a good season, you are therefore saying we have seen the best of Tyson, I would disagree and say that he has a lot more to offer than what we saw last season.

You;re twisting his words there massively leeds me old china.

He hasn't said anywhere Tyson had a good season, you're either trying to wind him up or you've totally ignored what he wrote. Come on man, try it, just once, you might like it. It can really put a smile on your face to attempt to be positive.

You;re twisting his words there massively leeds me old china.

He hasn't said anywhere Tyson had a good season, you're either trying to wind him up or you've totally ignored what he wrote. Come on man, try it, just once, you might like it. It can really put a smile on your face to attempt to be positive.

Here's 1, derby v forest at home Tyson gets clattered signals to get subbed clough goes mad Tyson stays on forest take the piss with the rolling hands gesture then we take the piss because he's still on the pitch that is the only entertainment I've had from the guy

Here's 1, derby v forest at home Tyson gets clattered signals to get subbed clough goes mad Tyson stays on forest take the piss with the rolling hands gesture then we take the piss because he's still on the pitch that is the only entertainment I've had from the guy

Sorry mate but I wonder with a user name like that perhaps you're being a bit too emotionally attached to where he came from.

That's not meant to be a narky personal attack by the way just a genuine observation, you definitely hate forest, and it's no bad thing. I've been laughing along with you at some of the stuff you've got into on the other thread.

Tyson is one of ours now. It would be like me hating Clough just cos he'd come from there. I think that may be part of the reason some fans give NC as much stick as he gets. It's wrong surely?

With the history between the two clubs you can't even hate ex red dogs anymore. Not once they've signed for the Rams.

Sorry mate but I wonder with a user name like that perhaps you're being a bit too emotionally attached to where he came from.

That's not meant to be a narky personal attack by the way just a genuine observation, you definitely hate forest, and it's no bad thing. I've been laughing along with you at some of the stuff you've got into on the other thread

Tyson is one of ours now. It would be like me hating Clough just cos he'd come from there. I think that may be part of the reason some fans give NC as much stick as he gets. It's wrong surely?

With the history between the two clubs you can't even hate ex red dogs anymore. Not once they've signed for the Rams.

.Hate is a very strong and overworked emotion.

I can't stand Forest on one level but only when we hear of cheating on the field of play.

I don't even dislike players who go frrom one team to the other.

In the beautiful game it has always been expected that supporters of a team necessarily dislike all othere teams.

I have been appalled by the depth of this hatred at times.

One mate of mine, a Birmingham City fan and one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, was cheering AGAINST Aston Villa as they won the European Cup. I was just proud that it was won by a local team.

I was delighted when Clough took forest to 2 European cup wins.

I also agree that the atmosphere at the City Ground is possibly better than the more sterile Pride Park as I still love the BBG for all it's insanitary conditions.

Times change but I will be a Rams fan whilst I've breath.

Can't stand teams like Leeds and Millwall. Don't like teams buying success fo 100s of millions of pounds, but they have earned a degree of notoriety. I don't think I can honestly say this about Forest.

KEEP THE RIVALRY FRIENDLY AND THE COMMENTS CONSTRUCTIVE!

We only had ten men! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

That's not meant to be a narky personal attack by the way just a genuine observation, you definitely hate forest, and it's no bad thing. I've been laughing along with you at some of the stuff you've got into on the other thread.

You've been laughing along or at me lol. Sad thing is I rated Tyson before he went to forest and even in his first season but he blew it waving that flag to be honest, I'm glad I wasn't at the game just showed his true colours same with earnshaw celebrating for half an hour at pridepark when he scored and then Billy Davies dragging his players back on the pitch to celebrate literally dragging them back to goad us, blew my top that day flucking davros lol wonder if he's still alive in his command centre what a penis

thats a superb points. i hate to think that some fans chucked boiling hot tea over another at a derby forest match. i dont like forest and absoloutely love beating them but i wouldnt go as far as saying i hate them.

thats a superb points. i hate to think that some fans chucked boiling hot tea over another at a derby forest match. i dont like forest and absoloutely love beating them but i wouldnt go as far as saying i hate them.

Not heard about tea but defo heard and seen urine and spit being thrown from the top corner at city ground

.Hate is a very strong and overworked emotion.

I can't stand Forest on one level but only when we hear of cheating on the field of play.

I don't even dislike players who go frrom one team to the other.

In the beautiful game it has always been expected that supporters of a team necessarily dislike all othere teams.

I have been appalled by the depth of this hatred at times.

One mate of mine, a Birmingham City fan and one of the nicest guys you could ever meet, was cheering AGAINST Aston Villa as they won the European Cup. I was just proud that it was won by a local team.

I was delighted when Clough took forest to 2 European cup wins.

I also agree that the atmosphere at the City Ground is possibly better than the more sterile Pride Park as I still love the BBG for all it's insanitary conditions.

Times change but I will be a Rams fan whilst I've breath.

Can't stand teams like Leeds and Millwall. Don't like teams buying success fo 100s of millions of pounds, but they have earned a degree of notoriety. I don't think I can honestly say this about Forest.

KEEP THE RIVALRY FRIENDLY AND THE COMMENTS CONSTRUCTIVE!

We only had ten men! 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wub' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wub:' />

apart from highlighted bit..delighted..too strong a word..

Boiling hot tea? Thats awful, dangerous, cowardly and a sign of the times we live in.

In my day all we did was throw darts, bricks, bottles and sharpened kung fu stars at each other.

your taking it too seriously 184est, you should look to steve brummie to show how to be a proper football fan

That is out of order really. There are many ways to support your team. "Proper football fan" what is that? How do determine "a proper football fan"? I only get to 10 games a season, does that mean I'm not "a proper football fan"?

That is out of order really. There are many ways to support your team. "Proper football fan" what is that? How do determine "a proper football fan"? I only get to 10 games a season, does that mean I'm not "a proper football fan"?

Sounds like me reason being kids n work. But if being a proper footballing fan means being pleased that your rivals won 2 European cups I'm glad I'm not, when it comes to champions league I do English teams to win it but I'd never want them to win it even if they are English, kind of sad I wasn't around to witness derbys glory days buy kind of glad as I wouldn't of wanted to see them win that 2 would of killed me

Sounds like me reason being kids n work. But if being a proper footballing fan means being pleased that your rivals won 2 European cups I'm glad I'm not, when it comes to champions league I do English teams to win it but I'd never want them to win it even if they are English, kind of sad I wasn't around to witness derbys glory days buy kind of glad as I wouldn't of wanted to see them win that 2 would of killed me

Mostly agree with that, although our glory years would just get me through their glory years. Just.

Same reason for not getting to as many games as I would like along with the cost. Would love to go to every game, home and away, but can't. 'http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/sad' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':(' />

Archived