Northampton Town v Derby County

CumbrianRam

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Must admit it's good to see us bag a few today, hopefully it will build a bit of confidence especially for Theo. I always get the feeling that people are trying not to make mistakes rather than playing expansive football during our pre-seasons and they are always cagey and boring for it. Makes a change to see them let loose and create a few chances as well as put a few away.

Played some neat stuff at times , swiss lad did well against a very big experienced player in Clive Platt. Bailey in the first half looked very composed , will Hughes , Bennett looked neat and did well for the first goal. I also thought all the new lads looked ok. Tyson looks sharp just lacking the confidence but I just have a feeling if he can stay fit and score a few he could be useful. Oh and 4-3 scoreline flattered the cobblers, even derbys 2nd team looked a class above ! :-)

Can anyone tell me how Coutts, Jacobs and Keogh got on? Wouldnt mind hearing about this swiss lad either.

coutts played one good ball, nothing special. Jacobs had a good shot, looked good ball carrier. Keogh was solid, thought he'd conceded the pen but it was bucko being stupid. Swiss lad grew into the game, looked good ball player by the end but not sure if we'll hav him. Tyson impressed with jis clear desire for the net, even if some of the fans did get on his back. Tbf he did put a header over the away end but wont be too long

coutts played one good ball, nothing special. Jacobs had a good shot, looked good ball carrier. Keogh was solid, thought he'd conceded the pen but it was bucko being stupid. Swiss lad grew into the game, looked good ball player by the end but not sure if we'll hav him. Tyson impressed with jis clear desire for the net, even if some of the fans did get on his back. Tbf he did put a header over the away end but wont be too long

Agreed with that. Can't see us signing the Swiss guy at all. Too many times OB had to help him out when he got out of position.

I think the Swiss lad was a bit too up for it, if that makes sense.

He seemed pretty solid, very good in the air and well composed.

I think his over-eagerness perhaps cost him a bit, because he was going for near on every ball, trying to impress, and taking himself out of position a bit.

I definitely wouldn't write him off just yet.

Archived