Lets judge the summer transfers at the end of summer?

jezram

yes we have lost shackell, and maguire and addison have gone to, with sdavies and bailey looking likely to go too, but are we really as weak as the people who are overly negative say?

jacobs and coutts are in my opinion very good progresive signings made by the club, and i'm sure there are other potential signings to come, so can we reserve judgement?

metgod said back in march that the wage budget will be lowerd this summer, and it seems to be coming true, but in a realistic world, we are being sensible by sticking to a business plan that will ensure the clubs survival

we are paying for the stadium at a rate of around 250k a month, thats 3 million a year, & financial fair play is coming in this season so why ruin a club by having 2/3 years success, this club will be here when all the moaners are dead and gone

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm feeling quietly optimistic for this season he's bringing in some attacking minded wingers allready have the strikers in my opinion but 1 more won't hurt we just need a left sided cb and a lb and for me were sorted to be honest I think the money we got from Addison payed coutts transfer so we still got shackells money for 2 to 3 more players.

In nige we trust!!

davies i reckon will be about 750k, maybe 100k either side

as for bailey at the most optomistic 500k but more likely to be 275k - 325k

added to shackell money means 2 million in, 500k min for agent fees and running costs leave 1.5 mill to strengthen

yes we have lost shackell, and maguire and addison have gone to, with sdavies and bailey looking likely to go too, but are we really as weak as the people who are overly negative say?

jacobs and coutts are in my opinion very good progresive signings made by the club, and i'm sure there are other potential signings to come, so can we reserve judgement?

metgod said back in march that the wage budget will be lowerd this summer, and it seems to be coming true, but in a realistic world, we are being sensible by sticking to a business plan that will ensure the clubs survival

we are paying for the stadium at a rate of around 250k a month, thats 3 million a year, & financial fair play is coming in this season so why ruin a club by having 2/3 years success, this club will be here when all the moaners are dead and gone

Out of interest,how are we paying for the stadium at £3m a year? We're only paying interest on the £15m loan.

some fans are idiots, expecting the impossible, rome wasnt built in a day, & neither is a succesful self sustaining football club

I hate it when people say Rome wasn't built in a day. No it wasn't it was built over hundreds of years but what made Rome great was decisive decisions, great investment in the army and ingenuity. What destroyed Rome was bankruptcy and loss of territory, basically a decline in stature. Derby at the moment have few of the things that make anyone or anything great, Derby like Rome cannot go forward unless we build on what we have and quickly. I agree with the OP in that we need to wait until all of the summer signings come in and bed in to see how we do, but much like Rome if progress isn't made then heads will need to role.

i'd like to see a article or something from the club saying that, as the information i have is different

Sorry,I thought this was generally understood.The accounts have always clearly identified the £15m within long term debt,but if you don't believe we're repaying interest only,then read this:-

[url=http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Glick-insists-owners-long-term-goal-answers-fans-questions-Rams-future/story-11608260-detail/story.html]http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Glick-insists-owners-long-term-goal-answers-fans-questions-Rams-future/story-11608260-detail/story.html

The only thing I can think of regarding debt and c£3m per annum is the revolving loan,whereby future season ticket income,borrowed in advance,is repaid annually.

in theory your not on this one your sat like everyone else on the sidelines voicing ure opinion as everyone else, my question is why is it so negative?

Why you so positive?

Your moaning about moaners(people voicing concerns on a forum built for such things) is kind of ironic.

Yes Tom, we know.

I don't think you can judge the summer transfers at the end of the summer window, because how often do these things turn out the way you expect?

it never does, we have to be shrewd with our signings we don't have any other choice. How can people demand a proven goalscorer, when quite blankly we know our situation? we have to work within our budget and our situation to make the best of it, it isn't easy.

look at the two signings we've made, one is a very highly rated young prospect out of contract from the lower leagues, consistently done it over 2 years at his former club, and still very young. I think this is a shrewd signing because it has potential, a gamble yes, but still... we're in no position to go in any other direction.

Another is a highly rated player with a bad attitude apparently, well, bad attitude with one former manager, the other few like him and have very high opinions of him, no questions of ability from anyone that has seen him play, which speaks volumes, and took a paycut to come here, that again speaks volume!

we'll keep moving players on and bringing others in, without the option of external investment what can we do. Protest against the board? and then what, get a fridge salesman from the middle east that seems to have a blackhole around any news of any finances, claim to fame is having a rich father in law, even wose than that bloke that brought pompey and ruined them!

Archived