Lets judge the summer transfers at the end of summer?

jezram

I don't think you can judge the summer transfers at the end of the summer window, because how often do these things turn out the way you expect?

it never does, we have to be shrewd with our signings we don't have any other choice. How can people demand a proven goalscorer, when quite blankly we know our situation? we have to work within our budget and our situation to make the best of it, it isn't easy.

look at the two signings we've made, one is a very highly rated young prospect out of contract from the lower leagues, consistently done it over 2 years at his former club, and still very young. I think this is a shrewd signing because it has potential, a gamble yes, but still... we're in no position to go in any other direction.

Another is a highly rated player with a bad attitude apparently, well, bad attitude with one former manager, the other few like him and have very high opinions of him, no questions of ability from anyone that has seen him play, which speaks volumes, and took a paycut to come here, that again speaks volume!

we'll keep moving players on and bringing others in, without the option of external investment what can we do. Protest against the board? and then what, get a fridge salesman from the middle east that seems to have a blackhole around any news of any finances, claim to fame is having a rich father in law, even wose than that bloke that brought pompey and ruined them!

Jamie Ward had a "bad attitude" according to his last manager.

He's certainly done ok for us.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think for most positions giving them time is fine - the 2 signings seem OK, the striker will be a late one probably and dependant on savies and the LB, well it is going to be a youngster for the bench so whilst important it is not critical.

Shacks is the one though which is why the sale has dominated all DCFC related press - If we sold Savies, Addison, Bailey and Mcguire, lost Green off the wages and used the Bailey/Mcguire money to bring in Jacobs, the addison money to bring in Coutts and the savies money to bring in a striker (even on season loan using Green's wages as well) then we would all be happy (well happier). Tha's 5 out and 3 in but the 5 were either not involved or keen to leave

Th LB thing is a tough one to find and will probably risk it again with the ability to bring in an emergency loan if he gets injured.

Whilst all the speculation was going on we were being told that a target was identified and a deal close - we are not being told that anymore (I assume as they were talking about Lynch) but instead that we are being linked with lots of players as we are in the market - i.e. they are now desperately trying to find a replacement.

If it had been a firesale then OK, but it was a player under contract who was the subject of lots of bids and who they must have known was going to leave given the interest (and value if the sale figure is to be believed), Obviously I hope he is replaced well and whilst I do not agree with the sale it is not my call and it would appear they really needed the cash. If he is replaced well we could be OK but I will never understand how they let him go without having a nailed on replacement in the wings - it was bad business end of...

I think the two signings we have made are very shrewd signings, what I would like to see now...

A centre back - obviously to replace Shackell, I would like this position to be filled by someone proven at this level and someone who can install confidence in scenario if we're playing with a young centre half next to him.

A Striker - to replace the outgoing Sdavies, someone good in the air who can work well with Theo and the wingers who like to put the ball in the box.

A left back - I would personally love to see someone brought in who can learn from G-Rob, perhaps someone obviously young who is athletic and great going forward who then can learn the art of defending from Roberts, in terms of positioning and anticipation.

I would also like to see Bailey stay, however unlikely.

Archived