Conor Sammon

DcFc Dyycheee

Hi guys... Tapatalk is finally working again, so I'm back!

Anyway, I think there's something quite telling in the squad number announcement this morning. The fact that Bailey has been omitted but Savies has been given 29 makes me think that NC reckons Savies will be around until January at least.

So I think Sammon is very unlikely.

Hope I'm wrong.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even is Savies does stay till Janurary, I still expect Clough to bring a forward in, even if its just on loan before august is over.

Anyway we can probably put the poo spouting Mirror rumours to bed of Wigan accepting a bid from us.

Sammon travelled to spain with the rest of the wigan squad this weekend, and came off the bench in their 1-0 defeat to celta vigo last night.

Well he came off the tench against Celta Vigo yesterday, so this one is dead in the water.

I wouldn't say dead in the water, but it does suggest that they hadn't decided to sell him at the point when they decided to take him to Spain. Whether we bid or not of course is completely unconfirmed.

Hi guys... Tapatalk is finally working again, so I'm back!

Anyway, I think there's something quite telling in the squad number announcement this morning. The fact that Bailey has been omitted but Savies has been given 29 makes me think that NC reckons Savies will be around until January at least.

So I think Sammon is very unlikely.

Hope I'm wrong.

Actually, what is more interesting is that they've moved Davies, Deeney and Bailey from 23, 24 and 25 up to 30, 29 and not listed. Interesting that they included Lelan on the list as well, I think we know someone who is going to have a fit. Anyhow, back to moving them up on the list though, to me it suggests that suddenly they think that 21-25 might actually be used, as I assumed they trained in those numbers because they thought that if they did stay they'd just ware those. Now that we've had the trailists though, maybe they have realised that they are a shout for the squad this season and don't feel like giving them numbers in the 30s... Not that it would really matter. So, we've signed Hoganson and look likely to sign Gjokaj, as well as having a good look at Berrera and Riski, so that's potentially 4 players who could need squad numbers. For the record, I don't think we'll sign Berrera, but who knows...

Actually, what is more interesting is that they've moved Davies, Deeney and Bailey from 23, 24 and 25 up to 30, 29 and not listed. Interesting that they included Lelan on the list as well, I think we know someone who is going to have a fit. Anyhow, back to moving them up on the list though, to me it suggests that suddenly they think that 21-25 might actually be used, as I assumed they trained in those numbers because they thought that if they did stay they'd just ware those. Now that we've had the trailists though, maybe they have realised that they are a shout for the squad this season and don't feel like giving them numbers in the 30s... Not that it would really matter. So, we've signed Hoganson and look likely to sign Gjokaj, as well as having a good look at Berrera and Riski, so that's potentially 4 players who could need squad numbers. For the record, I don't think we'll sign Berrera, but who knows...

not given Hoganson a number....the young kids like Morch, Lelan, Galinski...i can see them going out on loan at some point to get a bit of experience...

not given Hoganson a number....the young kids like Morch, Lelan, Galinski...i can see them going out on loan at some point to get a bit of experience...

I know we haven't given him a number yet, doesn't mean he won't get one before the season starts. He'll also have to be given one if he's on the bench. Assuming a starting XI of:

1. Fielding

2. Brayford

5. Buxton

6. Keogh

3. Roberts

4. Bryson

8. Henrick

7. Coutts

12. Jacobs

9. Tyson

10. Ward

For the time being, we have:

11. Theo

13. Legzdins

14. Doyle

15. O'Brien

16. O'Connor

17. Naylor

18. Ben Davies

19. Hughes

20. Bennett

29. Davies

30. Deeney

To choose from for the bench who currently have numbers. As we get 7 subs, and there's 11 there, its not too much of a leap to think that we'll use players who currently don't have numbers at some point. Taking into account that we won't use 2 keepers, that's really only 10. We'll be without Hendrick and Ward for the match against Ssausagehorpe and so with a couple of injuries we'll already be dipping into the numberless players.

Well there's plenty more fish in the sea.

Don't think we've had that one yet.

Theirs plenty more fish in the sea, we should trawl the market for the best deal

If we don't pull this one off there's plenty more fish in the sea.

If we don't get him, I'm sure there's plenty more fish in the sea...

He'd Flounder if he came here anyway.

Plenty more fish in the sea.

Hmmm... picture this situation: Derby and Wigan agree and a fee, and Derby are free to talk to Sammon about a possible move. Conor decides to check around forums to get a feel for what his potential new supporters think of him. He stumbles across a 31 page thread with close to 50k views and thinks to himself: "Wow, I really got them talking!" He decides to check from the most recent posts and far from finding excited reports about his possible arrival, he finds more than 10 solid pages of fish puns. The following day he sits down with Nigel to discuss with him what his role at the club would be. Conor decides to have a bit of fun:

Nigel: So how do you feel about the place after having a look around the facilities here

Sammon: I feel like a bit of a fish out of water

Nigel: What?

Sammon: I don't know, it just doesn't feel the reel deal

Nigel: What do you mean?

Sammon: I'm just not hooked on the idea of playing here

Nigel: Oh... ummm...

Sammon: I bass be going then

Nigel: ...oh well, there's plenty of fish in the sea I guess

Glick: If only there were a few strikers

The moral of the story?

...I don't know...

If we don't pull this one off there's plenty more fish in the sea.

In any case, if we aren't going to get him, I guess there's plenty more fish in the sea.

Fook me, must have been a nightmare trawling through this thread to find them.

...hahaha, its actually surprisingly easy using the search feature. It also appeared a lot less than I would have thought. It seems as though we have avoided it for being too obvious.

Archived