The centre forward problem

sage

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why all the hype about Bennett then mate , if anyone is pushed like he is and given a start ahead of established pros he has to perform or be judged on what he does ,and when he doesnt you cant then use the age arguement , surely he should be managed better by the club ie let him score alot in his age group ( as Ball did) then bring him on solidly so the so called potential is proven or are they building him up to sell him , is that what they are possibly doing with other so called starlets does make you wounder how good the academy products actualy are or something being used for other purposes

Shacks and Steve Davies would have been on more than 6 as well.

I know, but htey are going or gone. i imagine Green was as well. The majority of the squad are on less though. My point still holds, could we really sign someone and pay them £12k + a week.

Why all the hype about Bennett then mate , if anyone is pushed like he is and given a start ahead of established pros he has to perform or be judged on what he does ,and when he doesnt you cant then use the age arguement , surely he should be managed better by the club ie let him score alot in his age group ( as Ball did) then bring him on solidly so the so called potential is proven or are they building him up to sell him , is that what they are possibly doing with other so called starlets does make you wounder how good the academy products actualy are or something being used for other purposes

The whole club seems to be run on politics. With Hughes and Bennett they are just hyping them up to sell them on. There are players in the academy that have more ability but other players get played or put in the squad because they were brought in by DW. DW just wants to make himself look good mate.

I know, but htey are going or gone. i imagine Green was as well. The majority of the squad are on less though. My point still holds, could we really sign someone and pay them £12k + a week.

I think we could, but our management have no ambition so we won't. The club are talking about promotion. How can we get promoted with a squad that

1) have no experience of playing high end champ or even just champ

2) never played in the prem?

The whole club seems to be run on politics. With Hughes and Bennett they are just hyping them up to sell them on. There are players in the academy that have more ability but other players get played or put in the squad because they were brought in by DW. DW just wants to make himself look good mate.

Who is better than Bennett and Hughes at their age? If Bennett is not so hot, why is he picked for England squads?

Who is better than Bennett and Hughes at their age? If Bennett is not so hot, why is he picked for England squads?

I'm not saying that they are not good. I'm saying that Derby just want to cash in instead of keeping them. It's all political.

I'm not saying that they are not good. I'm saying that Derby just want to cash in instead of keeping them. It's all political.

You said, there are better players who don't get picked. Who are they?

It seems Davies is going and we seem to want to spend the money we receive from that sale, any profit we make on replacing Shackell and other bits and pieces from Addison and others on a centre forward.

This should give us between £1m and £2m providing all the incoming money is given to NC to spend. Hmmm. Anyway supposing they did ,we could in terms of fee buy an half decent, proven striker, especially if we could get a good cb on a free.

Initially this doesn't seem like a problem. until you look at our wage structure. We have been pretty good at picking up decent players from the SPL and Div 1 and 2 as we can outpay them. However the only players to score over 20 goals from this season are Hooper and Rhodes (too expensive in terms of wages and fee), just been promoted from Div One (Wright Phillips and Rhodes again) or in jail (Evans).

That means we will have to pick a young up and coming cf with potential (not proven) who we can afford the wage of and the good news is the fee shouldn't be too big, but they are unproven. The alternative is we buy a Prem fringe player like Simon Cox. We could potentially afford the fee, but I can't see the likes of him coming to us with our wage budget of £7k max a week (guesstimate).

On that basis, it's difficult to see who we could buy and be very confident of them making an impact.

Loan market. I'm told you can often get better value...

Not every player in the academy can "get played or put in the squad", Someone will always feel hard done to in every squad, at every level and age group,

The best players will eventually rise to the top - unless they are very mardy and sulk all the time, then no one wants them anyway.

Most of us saw a young lad doing his best and looking and as though he might be useful in years to come. I doubt anyone was judging him on the basis of a few cameo appearances as a 15 year old...

No need for A tn hat mate. I think you are spot on. Tyson was been played out of position, and he had an injury that was not his fault for the first half of the season. I'm sure he will have a much better season, and hopefully Clough will instill some confidence into the squad.

I said from xmas onwards ladt season that Tyson was one goal away from a hatfull and I stick by it. He just needs to get the monkey off his back!

You said, there are better players who don't get picked. Who are they?

I meant in other positions. Leylan is a good CB but Galinski is better and has far more experience. Galinski has played for his country, captained the 18s and reserves. Leylan gets put into the squad because he was brought in by DW. That's what I meant mate.

I meant in other positions. Leylan is a good CB but Galinski is better and has far more experience. Galinski has played for his country, captained the 18s and reserves. Leylan gets put into the squad because he was brought in by DW. That's what I meant mate.

Ah last weeks gripe. Any other examples?

Maybe DW as head man knows more about their ability than DB. For whatever reason you do seem to come over as having a bit of an agenda here.

Archived